24

A few weeks had passed since the accident. It was now towards the middle of November. Yunho was mostly recovered from the accident. Jongho still had some ways to go. He was either in a wheelchair or had his crutches. As for Hongjoong he still hadn't made up with Yunho. He was too scared to say anything. Angry Yunho was actually scary. He couldn't find the words to say either.

It was Thursday after school. Rather than going home Hongjoong went down to the corner store that was by the school to think. He walked into the store and sat at the table thinking.

"Kid!" An oddly familiar voice said.

"Oh." Hongjoong turned around and saw yonghwan.

He and yonghwan had been hanging out from time to time.

"Hi sir! How are you today?" He said and politely bowed.

"Yah." The older laughed and grabbed an ice cream cone handing it to hongjoong. "Hyung is fine. I told you."

Hongjoong took it and sat down. "Thanks. And sorry.. hyung."

"Don't apologize. How have you been lately?" He asked sitting at the table as well.

Hongjoong thought for a moment. "A lot has happened. My parents have somehow been less annoying lately."

"Well that's great. What abt friends?" Yonghwan asked enjoying his ice cream.

"Friends? It's been awkward.. well my friend still doesn't like me much anymore. So there's that.." he sighed.

"Hongjoong. You should apologize. Most people just want an apology. It breaks a lot of trust to not apologize for things. Even small ones." The other suggested.

"Yeah yeah I will. Tomorrow at school. It's just hard to figure out the words." Hongjoong sighed and began to eat his ice cream.

"Well you know what you are apologizing for. Don't worry abt that. The words will come if it's sincere."

Hongjoong nodded. "You're right.. I should just do it. It's better than nothing."

The older nodded as well, "so what abt that crush of yours?"

Hongjoong blushed, "oh.. well they are in a relationship currently.. it doesn't matter now. I wanna move on but I know that the person they're with.. probably isn't good for them."

"Man if you're their friend tell them that." Yonghwan said in a more concerned voice.

"Well they know but like they still wanna be with him so idk what to tell them." He explained looking at the ice cream.

"Ahhh I see.. so he's a guy right? Your crush?" Yonghwan asked catching Hongjoong off guard.

"H-huh? How did you?"

"Most people don't call girls they.." he laughed a bit.

"Well I guess."

"I'm more of the girl type myself but I've dabbled in boys. Things get just as complicated. I have a feeling the relationship won't work if his partner is toxic. Just make sure to be there as his friend rather than be jealous. Okay?" Yonghwan left Hongjoong with those words.

Hongjoong nodded. They talked for a few moments longer before Hongjoong made it back home.

-

The next day was a Friday. Yunho was sitting in class. Everyone was waiting for the bell to ring. The teacher was going on about some science lecture that was putting the whole class to sleep.

Yunho looked around him feeling someone staring. He made eye contact with Hongjoong. "Jesus." Mumbled not wanting to talk to Hongjoong at all. He could tell Hongjoong had something to say though.

The bell rang and Yunho began to put his things together. He tried to make it out of the classroom before Hongjoong could say anything but he was too late.

"Yunho."

Yunho kept walking.

"Yunho I know you can hear me! Please just let me say something." Hongjoong said grabbing his shoulder.

Yunho turned and looked down at Joong. "What do you want?" He asked annoyed.

"I want to.. apologize. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for being a horrible friend." Hongjoong admitted looking down. "I know you're still mad but I really miss being close to you. You are literally like the best friend ever."

Yunho sighed, "Hongjoong all I wanted was an apology. If you know why I'm upset and you're really sorry. I accept your apology."

Hongjoong sniffled and played with his fingers nervously.

"H-hey don't cry... joong.." he said and rubbed Hongjoongs back.

"Sorry.. I just really missed you Yunho.." Hongjoong mumbled between his small sobs.

Yunho frowned hugging Hongjoong. "Well you don't have to miss me anymore. I trust that you won't do something like that again. Right?"

"Yeah never again. I'm sorry." Hongjoong said then pulled himself together.

Yunho decided to walk with Hongjoong since they had some catching up to do. "You know Yunho.. Mingi likes you back."

"Huh? Really??"

"Really. He talks about you a lot and really likes your attention."

"Oh- I don't know what to say." Yunho said nervously blushing profusely.

Hongjoong laughed, "your face says it all I'm glad you guys like each other. It's so cute."

Yunho walked Hongjoong home then walked home himself. Coincidentally Mingi had texted him that night telling him he wanted to go on a date sometime. Leaving Yunho so nervous and excited. He could barely sleep.

____________________________________________________

It's been a while since I updated but I promise I'm still around. I've been trying to write a bunch so that I can post consistently.

Thanks for reading.