57

Contains: mentions of suicide

The next day was a school day. All Jongho's close friends had collectively chose to skip school. They couldn't just go back to everyday life after what happened. Yunho knew that Jongho wanted them to forget everything. But that wasn't possible. They all loved him too much. Once the school was informed about the situation, they held a school meeting. Everyone who knew Jongho had to go.

Yunho walked up to the school. He was so depressed after that night. He couldn't get the images out of his head. Jongho holding onto the edge, the knife, and him choking on his own blood. Someone tapped his shoulder. Yunho jumped then saw it was seonghwa. He quickly hugged him.

"Seonghwa.." Yunho cried.

Seonghwa hugged Yunho back. His eyes were full of tears as well.

"I have nightmares of him jumping.." Yunho said into seonghwa's shoulder.

"He didn't jump, Yunho. He's in the hospital, okay? You did all you could and you saved him." Seonghwa said pulling from the hug and looking Yunho in the eye.

Yunho nodded, he tried his best to clean up his face before heading inside. Everyone who knew Jongho was at this meeting. They went inside including at least one of their guardians.

San went inside with wooyoung and his mom. They signed in, but the lady stopped wooyoung. "This isn't your legal guardian. Where are your parents?" She asked.

"Well one of them is dead and the other is in jail." He replied with a slight attitude. "So... can't really reach them right now."

The lady looked at him confused. "You have a father on file."

"Yeah he got arrested the other day." Wooyoung said and just walked in. He sat next to San.

Everyone was there. Including people who didn't see what happened that night. Either way most of them were crying, sniffling, or holding back tears. Yunho looked around. He hadn't met everyone's parents yet. Yewon and Jeongyeon and some other people from Jongho's class were there. He looked at Mingi noticing that he didn't have his parents with him. He looked away before Mingi could look at him.

The meeting started. It was mainly about suicide prevention and resources. They advised them all to take counseling sessions at the school. And to support each other.

"After losing a friend, it can be very hard to reintegrate yourself back into normal life." The lady holding the meeting said.

"He's not dead.." Wooyoung mumbled.

"So you will get one courtesy day off of school." She added.

"Excuse me? One day?" Yunhos mom asked appalled.

"Yes ma'am." The lady rolled her eyes. She already knew it would cause commotion.

"No. My sons best friend is in the hospital. He was practically his brother. He watched him slit his own throat. Shouldn't he get more days than that?" She asked.

"My sannie and wooyoungie were there that night watching the whole thing too. They haven't slept since. Please give us more grace." Sans mom interjected as well a little more politely.