四十五

chapter forty-five!

GAUCHE

IN THE EARLY HOURS on a Saturday morning, Kageyama was the first one to be awake as per usual

IN THE EARLY HOURS on a Saturday morning, Kageyama was the first one to be awake as per usual. Compared to others who find it difficult to detach themselves from their bed, despite groggy, he gets up in less than a minute and stretches out. His eyes may feel heavy but it's nearly an automated response for him to immediately follow his daily routine. He stretches, changes into his running gear, heads down to the kitchen for a glass of water, then leaves the house for a thirty minute run around the neighbourhood. That would've been the end of his routine had he not taken a different turn.

Instead, he's led himself towards the Sakanoshita store. This wasn't some spur of the moment idea and he has never strayed from his usual path, but he promised to meet Mina before he leaves for the tournament. Quite unfortunate for him but the girl had plans with her school club, despite it being a weekend. The raven haired male had high hopes for her attendance, but this wasn't something she could easily opt out of. He would be lying if he said he still wasn't affected by the idea, but there was nothing that he could do to change that. So, he might as well anticipate whatever time they have for today.

He jogs, a soft puff of his cold breath leaving his lips. It didn't take long for him to see the store located uphill and within that distance, he could see the figure of the girl standing. Kageyama's steps hasten a bit more and he could see a groggy Mina in her pyjamas, hands delved in the pockets of her hoodie. This marks a moment in his life— seeing Mina in her rarest form, fairly awoken. The girl waves at him with a smile as she sees him coming closer.

"Good morning," Her voice hoarse and weak, Mina greets once he slows down to a stop in front of her. "All done morning run?"

Before he could even voice out a response, the girl had pulled a steamed bun from the depths of her hoodie and stuffed it straight into his mouth, rendering the boy speechless. Nevertheless, he slowly starts to bite into it while the girl could only give him a dazed smile.