四十六

chapter forty-six!

GAUCHE

          TWO WEEKS AFTER the Miyagi Playoffs, the love and energy that the townsfolk had shown the Karasuno players have started to simmer down a bit

TWO WEEKS AFTER the Miyagi Playoffs, the love and energy that the townsfolk had shown the Karasuno players have started to simmer down a bit. There's still the occasional conversations, the whistles and claps of the students when they pass by some of the Volleyball members, or maybe the sudden change in how they see them— like Kageyama or Hinata who are now seen under a different light. For the former, girls who fancied him in secret would now leave notes or cookies on his desk or inside of his shoe cubby. It's definitely not on par with Oikawa's amounts but it would be a lie to say that Kageyama wasn't growing a soft spot amongst the female population.

"Wow, it's kinda crazy to think about it," Hinata gapes, small puffs of smoke escapes his lips as he looks up at the banner that's plastered in front of the school.

Congratulations! Spring InterHigh Volleyball Tournament Participation Boys Volleyball Club!

"Though that's the reality staring at our face!" He grins and turns to Kageyama who was busy grabbing a drink from a vending machine. "Are you even listening to me?"

Kageyama pays him no mind and focuses on the drink before walking away, leaving the ginger haired male upset. Despite his ill-feelings to the setter, Hinata doesn't stop to ramble on about many things, like having a music club come cheer for them like the other schools do. He rambles while the raven haired male passively listens and drinks, opening his shoe cubby to find another bag of cookies stashed inside. There's also a note that says congratulations! without a name added to it. Hinata pauses from his chatter and peeks as well.

"Wha— another one!" Hinata cries out. "You sure are getting popular, Kageyama! Even though you frown so much and have a short temper..." He mumbles out the last part, thankfully low enough that his teammate couldn't hear.