二十九

chapter twenty-nine!

GAUCHE

"THANKS A LOT!"

"THANKS A LOT!"

Dusty, olden piles of test papers from the previous years were finally sorted out into their own respective stack. It took time, truly, for Mina had to take all the sheets out of the many box file holders that occupied the whole shelf by the corner of Ono-sensei's cubicle. But, the hardships are over now and as the sun sets, she was finally released after a few good hours. Of course, with the work came the payment but it wasn't exactly what Mina expected.

It was a whole package of Yakult yogurtsㅡ all five of it still wrapped in the plastic.

Mina didn't know what she was expecting but this wasn't a bad deal either.

And so, she leaves for home, sipping on one of the bottles as she hugs the rest. Darkness was slowly slithering through the sky and Mina recalls the last time she has been out this late at school— she blushes, mumbling curses of self-reproach when she thought about the stupid things she had done during that time she had been enclosed in a room with the raven haired male. She tosses and turns every night at the vivid memory that refuses to cease.

She shakes the thoughts out of her head. Mina asked him the question— that question that she never would have thought to ask. But what did she feel? If she could so casually ask a question as prominent as that, surely she should also know how to answer such a thing.

Yet she doesn't.

Kageyama might have had an indirect method of showing his kindness buried underneath that callous exterior but for what it's worth, he was her first genuine friend. And to look at him romantically— her cheeks blossoms to the colour of apples.

Her pace quickens, but before she could go any farther she sees someone familiar in the distance. His backside couldn't be mistaken, especially with the way he walks so gruffly. She blinks, watching him walk away. That surely was none other than the boy himself, Kageyama. She hastens to catch up with him, reaching for his shoulder to tap.