三十二

chapter thirty-two!

GAUCHE

TEEN ROMANCE IS FICKLE

One day, they'll be craving for one another like it's nobody's business and then the next; it all falls apart as easily as it was built. Mina knows it quite well with how capricious of a person her sister is— was that usually how folks who have been confessed to many times act like? She wouldn't know with her limited experience.

Fickle as it may be, she was still confessed to. Despite the loud explosions that illuminates the night sky and the cheers from the distance, Mina could unquestionably hear the words that left his lips— as clear as a bell. Three words, unmuffled and directly received by her perfectly working ears.

And she helplessly smiles, lips curving upwards while her eyes searched for answers that his expression, eyes or posture— anything, that could tell her that this was a joke. That he was simply pulling her leg; a trick. Anything! But no, Kageyama never looked this calm or as serious before. Those steely eyes of his stared directly into hers like they were conveying his genuine thoughts.

Mina's smile falters and she realizes that this isn't some jest easily thrown around.

The realization that she was confessed to settles in like an anchor thrown overboard. Not once in her life has she received a confession before; not even a childish proposal during kindergarten. People always thought Minji was the prettier twin, always confident in herself and full of personality— a natural diva, if one wills. Blessed with the brains as well, studying overseas and flies around the world as she pleases without a single cent of their parents' money being utilized; it was merely all from sponsors.

So, Mina was used to being behind the spotlight.

But this— oh, how the Heavens work. She doesn't know what to do, yet her body takes its course of natural action.