四十

chapter forty!

GAUCHE

LIFE THROWS A CURVEBALL during one's most unanticipated circumstances; and when it does, it sucks hard

LIFE THROWS A CURVEBALL during one's most unanticipated circumstances; and when it does, it sucks hard. Of course, Mina has had her fair share of them but none of them could ever compare to how stupefying this whole scenario is. The fact that she had just met her boyfriend's mother without even knowing it was her, and now sitting inside of their home while the said boyfriend stands there just as stunned as she was. It was like straight out of a sitcom and the brunette can vividly hear the generic audience laughter ringing inside her head. Heck, that could've been her ancestors high up there in the blue skies, laughing at the situation she's landed herself in!

Oh, her poor, poor fortune.

In a span of a mere sixty seconds, the girl has just gone through the five stages of grief. She'd like to state that it's a talent but given the situation she's in, it's quite inappropriate.

Could she think straight? Of course, she could— well, maybe not as much as she would like but she's still got some of her senses intact. There was really only one thing that keeps popping up in the girl's mind like an endless discord ping, and that was choice to unveil their whole status to Kageyama's mother. Of course, Mina's not opposed to the idea [ but given the circumstances, what else could she do ] though if the raven haired male was to be the one to oppose, then she'd understand.

For sure, a big chunk of her heart would be shredded into pieces but she understands if he's not ready. This was, after all, unplanned. Before any words could be exchanged between them, Mina quickly stands to her feet and scurries towards the boy before pulling him aside into the hall where several doors lined paralleled towards another.

"H-Hey, where do you think you're goingㅡ"

The raven haired male is immediately shushed by the girl, whose brows were furrowed out of serious contemplation. Mina didn't say anything after that, but she approached the closest door to them, turned the knob and sent him and herself inside. Kageyama was confused, bewildered and bit embarrassed by the events that seemed to have just breezed right past through him. He wasn't even done registering the fact that the girl was in his house, let alone this brand new situation where she's isolated them in the bathroom without context. How was he supposed to take it all in?