十一

chapter eleven!

GAUCHE

Anime Club

Anime Club.

There was a faint wince growing on her expression as she examined the poster, decked in animated girls with varicoloured hairs and gaudy designs meant to catch attention of people, except it looked like they tried too hard that it was almost an eye-sore.

Mina pursed her lips as she took her gaze away from it and scanned the various posters plastered on the bulletin board. None of them greatly took her attention and she wasn't really interested in joining one, but Karasuno held the policy of having clubs being mandatory. And it had been way past her due date, constantly eluding from it. Now, teachers were growing persistent as each day passes. She was constantly bombarded by students coming by her classroom, telling her that she needed to consult with a teacher.

"Man, this is painful.." She grumbled, a deep sigh being released from her lips.

Karate, maybe? She did do Taekwondo during her younger years, so it may not be that bad. But then there was the sudden recollection of her losing a tooth and a bloody nose during her first and final game—

No. The brunette shook her head furiously. There was no way she was reliving that once more.

But what about that offer she received from the beautiful Senpai, asking her to become a manager? Volleyball didn't seem too bad anymore, realizing the thrill and excitement it offered. Mina mulled over it for a little bit, mindlessly skimming through the posters until she found one that might have caught her attention by just a little.

Guitar Club.

That's right! she did play instruments. Her eyes widened almost on instinct at the sudden thought that she had indeed known how to play it— Mina's head drooped from her dull-wittedness. Coming from a family that was indeed fairly musically inclined, it was almost a ritual for every child born into their lineage to know how to play an instrument; unless, they could outmatch those musical skills with academic excellence, then music wouldn't be that necessary.