四十一

chapter fourty-one!

GAUCHE

THERE WAS NOTHING HILARIOUS about the fall breeze tickling their bare skins, the flickering street lamp aiding their path, or the rhythmic sounds of their shoes scraping across the uneven pavement— such things shouldn't elicit a burst of chortles ...

THERE WAS NOTHING HILARIOUS about the fall breeze tickling their bare skins, the flickering street lamp aiding their path, or the rhythmic sounds of their shoes scraping across the uneven pavement— such things shouldn't elicit a burst of chortles from a person but it did so anyways, the brunette holding a hand over her mouth to stifle the noise she allowed to escape. It catches her partner's attention whose eyes turned towards her with confusion swirling in them. Kageyama didn't find anything remotely funny at the moment, nor was there any silly things that surrounded them.

But Mina laughs, shoulders shaking and all. When Kageyama's expression remains stagnant, she shuffles towards him and bumps her shoulders to his side. An impish grin blooms from her lips and she says, "You think what happen earlier not funny?"

Oh, 'cause she does. She enjoyed every single bit of the rollercoaster of emotions which the cascade of events had to offer. What transpired about an hour ago, just as she attests to Kageyama's words, was something Mina would surely never forget until the day she dies. That suffocating silence, broken by the sobs of his mother was something they didn't expect. The older woman sat there with hands concealing the river of tears flowing down her cheeks. Of course, they panicked—it felt like anything but positive!

And just as the brunette hands over a tissue, she was engulfed in the arms of the woman, hearing her sniffles and teary thank you's. Mina was rendered speechless of course but as the words keep getting repeated, it didn't take long for her nerves to soothe out and she reciprocates the action as well.

It was warm, relieving and a tad bit emotional to say the least.

In a matter of minutes, the older woman recomposes herself, dabbing the tissue to the corner of her eyes while she sniffles away the rest of the emotions. In conclusion, she was happy— absolutely ecstatic to see her son flourish. She may have gotten a little mad due to him not introducing Mina during the earlier stages of their relationship [ his mother thinks Mina should've been introduced to the family the moment she said yes to him ] but she couldn't stay that way for too long, a blissful smile blooming from her lips as she stares at the two from across the dinner table.