二十八

chapter twenty-eight!

GAUCHE

"SO, YOUR GIRLFRIEND?"

From the rear-view mirror, Saeko sees a groggy looking Kageyama awake from his slumber and unconsciously chowing down on an onigiri. Hinata on the other hand, had fallen asleep as soon as he got information about the Little Giant. The raven haired male glances at her in confusion with how little he thought of her words. But a smirk grows from her lips as she feels like she figured out the relationship between the two.

"Guess not," She bites onto the stick of the lollipop. "But ya do like the girl, right?"

And she bursts into a fit of laughter, the mannerisms of it so similar to her little brother's. But Kageyama wouldn't notice it, too caught up with what she said. He knew who she was referring to and it was almost immediate for his face to bloom red. Bits of onigiri congests in his throat and he coughs violently before smacking his chest like an ape in the wild.

"H-How would you know if I like her, Nee-san!?"

"Hah? Ain't it damn obvious? Look at you blush like a girl in love!" Saeko guffaws at the question. "You're brighter than the sun, y'know!"

He reaches for his cheeks and if felt hot enough to possibly scald someone if touched. Embarrassment grows but he thinks, mulling at what she said.

"... Do you really think I like her?" He mumbles as he scratches the nape of his neck.

Saeko glances at the mirror before she pops the lollipop out her mouth. "Well, don't you?"

Guess she couldn't expect a straightforward answer from him, especially with that troubled look he was harbouring. A sigh escapes from the college girl's lips before she fiddles with the candy around. She might have been rough around the edges when it came to romance but she's a woman! And a college student at that so it should be a given to know the matters of the heart. And she's dated a few men— not the best ones—so how could she not know anything.