三十八

chapter thirty-eight!

GAUCHE

THERE'S PROS AND CONS IN EVERYTHING

Doesn't matter what it is, there is always something to outweigh the good over the bad and vice versa; the balance will always tip to one side, Mina's father habitually says to them from time to time. The words were nothing more than a passing phrase that goes from one ear and out the other, but now that it resurfaces during her distressed hours, the girl contemplates on the pros and cons of what she's about to do in front of the whole school.

The pros were; she could kill this performance and garner the much needed attention for their club's resurrection. If she did everything right, it's easy peasy victory for the club and she'd be done and over with the ordeal. Now, the cons would be that if she doesn't do everything right, then it's not so easy peasy victory for the club. Heck, she could have a voice crack, mess up on a line or even trip going up to the stage!

Oh, may the Lord have mercy on her soul.

"You're sweating like a sinner in church," Maiko states as she watches the girl pace around, a purple beaded bracelet in hand. "Hey, take it easy. No one's crucifying you if you make a mistake."

Mina halts in her tracks, lips pursed as her eyes turns over to her senior. Maiko didn't have a single ounce of aura exuding from her that said 'I'm nervous', in fact, she was way too calm that she was nearing the point of falling asleep. The brunette couldn't understand how someone could remain so unaffected to performing a public act to the extent of being like Maiko. Were Mina's concerns not universal that it was just her worrying about voice cracks? Messing up a line? Or even just tripping?

Well, she's the only one singing, but still-!

Despite the turbulent thoughts in her mind, she opts to sit down near her senior with a small frown on her face. They don't say anything to each other for a few moments, merely letting the silence of the gymnasium's backstage take over. During this hushed time, Mina allows herself to visually explore the backstage area, watching the velvet-like grande drapes and the interstice between, the handmade props and backdrops hidden behind stacks of chairs in the back, and many more little details that entertained her for mere moments.