五十

chapter fifty!

GAUCHE

STRANGELY THESE DAYS, there's been a different atmosphere around Mina

STRANGELY THESE DAYS, there's been a different atmosphere around Mina. Yachi doesn't think that in a bad way; her friend is still the same kind and caring person who holds such a charming smile. In fact, it's a little hard for others to notice but the blonde girl feels as if she's grown to be more serious. Sometimes, she's drowned in her own thoughts with brows furrowed. Other times, after the volleyball club's practice, Yachi would still find the girl in the guitar club's room as she busily strums away the instrument. Mina hums, plays the guitar, pauses and then jots down on her notebook—the cycle repeats.

It's been this way for a few days.

As far as Yachi figured, the guitar club was just a way to pass time— yet, the look on her friend's face told that this was more than just that.

"You've been really busy these days, Mina-chan."

Sheer stillness fills the quaint room, the faint sounds of the fan whirring from the ceiling mingles with the quiet creaks of the chair-frame. In a certain guitar clubroom where natural light filled up the room, Yachi could be found sitting right in front of Mina as she takes a good look around the room. It is tiny, a little messy but it has heard its fill of the students shared musicality and their harmonies. Her eyes glanced around before it stops before the brunette who was busily organizing files of paper.

"Is there a competition happening soon?" There's a little bit of hope in Yachi's eyes, perhaps wanting to see their club's performance.

Mina's hands slows down and she pauses, a small smile growing on her face before she shakes her head. "No, not right now. I am actually writing a song."

Her words caused the blonde girl to gape in surprise. "Y-You're writing a song?!"

"Mhm," A little chuckle slips past her as she hums. "Tobio-kun's birthday is soon, so I want to give him something nice."