二十四

chapter twenty-four!

GAUCHE

"THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK!"

Students bid their farewells, waving hands towards different people before taking off home before they could miss the four o' clock train ride. Mina on the other hand was in no rush since she had cleaning duty today, repeatedly tapping the chalkboard eraser on the ledge as its dust showered down. She was still thinking about how she could properly approach Kageyama but anything that she did didn't seem like it had any promising effects.

At times she had passed by their gymnasium, caught his eyes and would enthusiastically wave her hand like a puppy wagging its tail. Or when she would sneak beside him during lunch hours by the benches and slip a carton of milk in between them, sheepishly smiling.

And many more attempts that ended being futile.

Her desperate measures probably creeped him out even more enough to push him further away from her. Mina stomped her foot like a little child before groaning away her frustrations.

"Lee-san..?"

She immediately turned around to see a fellow classmate of hers warily calling out for her with a look of concern and confusion. How odd must've Mina looked in front of the guy, throwing a mini tantrum. It was almost immediate for her cheeks to flare up from the embarrassment that she felt soon enough.

"Y-Yes!" Standing straight and tall like a rigid soldier in a bootcamp, she answered right away.

"U-Uh, just wanted you to throw out the trash by the incinerator," The person had the bin in his hand. "But if you're a little busy, then I think I'll justㅡ"

"No!" She protested.

It came off too strong, in fact, that he looked a taken aback by it. Mina immediately plastered a sheepish smile, gently reaching for the bin.