三十四

chapter thirty-four!

GAUCHE

HINATA'S NOT A PARANOID person in nature nor did he have overdriven fantasies, but in regards of today's fate, he might have believed that the world was going to end

HINATA'S NOT A PARANOID person in nature nor did he have overdriven fantasies, but in regards of today's fate, he might have believed that the world was going to end. He wasn't fed with those spiels from cult-looking folks who believed in Judgement Day, nor did he accidentally stumble upon a long thread on the internet with people discussing how the Earth was going to be up in flames— no, this idea merely sprouted with the news Yachi was bearing. During this fine Monday morning, as he was on his way to the gymnasium for the morning practice, the girl appears behind him with stars glimmering in her eyes as she retells the news she received from Mina during summer.

At first, her news didn't seem to register in his mind. There were bits and pieces that did seem to click with him, like the names Kageyama and Mina but the rest seemed to flow from one ear and out the other. Yachi expected him to say something, a reaction of some sorts because she finds the news itself quite exciting but the ginger haired male merely blinks.

"Kageyama-kun and Lee-san are dating!" She repeats, excitement in her voice remains unfaltering.

The sentence echoes in his mind and bit by bit, it fades away the more he was starting to get the gist of it.

As soon as Hinata understood it, a nuclear explosion went off inside his brain. He stopped walking, standing rigidly like a wax doll while all the colour on his face was drained. Of course it didn't make sense to him, why would it! Because out of all the people in this world, all seven billion of them that populated this planet, Mina chose someone like Kageyama. Now, that didn't mean he hated the guy from the bottom of his heart nor did he have any ill-will towards him but it just didn't make any sense. Given, Hinata wasn't much of a thinker in the first place but he couldn't let this one pass.

There had to be some reason, some sort of logical explanation that would ease the confusion that was messing with his mind.