chapter three!

GAUCHE

Her butt was aching, but that didn't matter

Curses were heard flying from the person she bumped with and she couldn't help but wince in embarrassment. Now she's stuck in another problem when she hasn't even solved the first one she was trying to get away from. Mina bit her lips and lifted her head to see the person she bumped.

Oh, lord.

Black hair cropped short that stopped just above his eyes, the boy cursed as his scowl deepened while examining his now stained shirt. Mina gulped loudly, visibly paling from the aura he was emanating. This seemed like a bigger problem that she needed to immediately solve, but the girl was intimidated by his looks.

As if he heard her thoughts, he swiftly looked up with a heated look, his steely dark blue eyes staring right back at her frightened ones.

"Lee-chan!"

The familiar voice calling out from afar snapped her back to reality. Mina glanced back to the hall with surprise before turning back to the one in front of her. A native curse escaped her lips and ultimately, Mina stood up and grabbed the boy's wrist.

"Oiㅡ"

His scowl turned into a surprised one as she pulled him with her behind the vending machine, her arm held out like she was blocking him from moving away. He looked down to her when Mina lifted a finger to her lips, her eyes telling him to keep quiet. The boy didn't know what to do and was utterly confused and flustered, but complied anyways.

"Lee-chan?"

The sound was rather closer now. He could feel her tensing up as her body leaned a bit closer to his torso, heat emanating from both ends. The raven haired boy licked his parch lips, glancing down towards the girl who was cautiously staring at the distance. This was a bit too close for his comfort. It was getting warmer and he was getting more conscious about their distance.

Messy short hair, plumply peach lips, brown mahogany eyes— now that he thought about it, wasn't she the transfer student everyone was chattering about? He leaned back and tried to create some distance, but it was still too close. Yeah, she probably was. Looking at her, she looked like a lost chick in a different cooped farm. The look in her eyes just said so.

"Eh? Where did she run off to?"

Mina bit her lips before quickly giving him a glance. "I'm so sorry.." She whispered.

His thoughts were confirmed. The awkward accent she had told him what he needed. But in all seriousness, that wasn't the case. She was too close to him. The raven haired boy awkwardly grunted in response to her apology. Was that for dragging him into her situation or for spilling the milk all over him? He didn't know. The faint creamy scent of his milk wafted along his nose as he felt the dampened sensation on his stomach.

How long did this have to last?

And as if the deities answered his question, the footsteps of the person Mina was trying to hide from suddenly plodded away from their direction, a small bit of grumbling complaints heard but soon disappeared after a few moments.

A breath of relief escaped her lips when she heard the boy in front of her grumble. She gasped and quickly stepped away from him with her ears tipped red. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean toㅡ heol!" Mina's lips parted in surprise as she saw the stain on his shirt. It wasn't too obvious, but she could see a patch on his uniform slowly drying up.

"Hm? Ah," He scratched the back of his neck as he looks at the stain as well. "I can just wash it off."

"Aniㅡ I mean, please give me!" She fumbled before bowing and holding her hands out, making the latter blink in surprise. "I wash it! As, um, uh..."

What was compensation again?

"No, seriously, it's okayㅡ"

"But is my fault," She mumbled guiltily. "If I more careful, shirt would not go dirty."

God, how she wanted to word her sentences more properly. They were awkward and choppyㅡ it surely didn't help when she stutters when she doesn't know what the word was in Japanese, making a complete fool out of herself.

When she felt the cloth weighing on her hands, she looked up to see him awkwardly placing his hands in his pockets, the scowl on his face softening down a notch. "... Please take care of it, then."

"I will!" She nodded eagerly. "Um, your name is..?"

"Kageyama Tobio," He mumbled with a weak nod. "ㅡdesu."

The name sounded oddly familiar, but Mina shrugged it off. "Lee Mina, nice to meet you. I give back to you tomorㅡ"

She was cut off when the loud sound of the bell going off, signaling that lunch was over, echoed along the halls. The raven haired boy took this as a sign and nodded his head towards her and mumbled a short goodbye before turning around.

"Waitㅡ!"

Her call was barely heard when an orange haired boy suddenly appeared, elbowing Kageyama on the ribs. They bantered loudly and Mina sighed, glancing down at his black button up uniform. How was she going to give it back now? She decided that was going to have to be done tomorrow and turned around to head back to class as well when her foot stepped on something.

A squirting noise was heard from below her foot. The bob haired girl grimaced and lifted her foot up to see a squished carton of milk. Didn't Kageyama drink that earlier? She bit her lips and picked up the item, glancing at the design before throwing it out.

She'll have to keep that in mind.