三十六

chapter thirty-six!

GAUCHE

THERE WAS SOMETHING about the frantic halls that sent Mina back down to her middle-school memory lane

THERE WAS SOMETHING about the frantic halls that sent Mina back down to her middle-school memory lane. With boys lugging boxes from one area to another, the girls chatting and giggling as they paint on their class' banners— it was like she was back in South Korea all over again. She could faintly hear her friends footsteps as they scuttle across the halls, yelling her name despite the teacher rebuking them for doing so, hands preoccupied with bags filled with snacks and drinks. A small smile blooms from her lips, shaking her head as she saunters towards her classroom. Those were the good times, she thought. Though, there wasn't any point to thinking about it now; what's in the past should stay in the past.

"Ah, thanks for getting it, Lee-san!"

Their class representative heaved a sigh of relief as he sees the box the brunette had in arms. Arima, as she recently had figured out, took it from her arms and motions her to put up the balloons. She does so, picking up a few but stops to look at where the guys were placing it— right above the blackboard. Now, it wasn't to say that Mina was short; she finds her five feet, three inches height an average but this was more than just tiptoeing. She scours the room for a chair instead but there was barely anything in the room aside from the materials needed to decorate the area.

Mina purses her lips. Would it be too much to ask the guys instead?

It seemed like they were getting the hang of it, but truth be told, the brunette barely spoke to any of the guys in class— heck, this was the first time in months that she spoke to Arima and it's only because of the festival's preparations! Mina knows this isn't the time to be intimidated but she couldn't help being so anyways. What the heck was it that made them so scary—

"If slacking-off was a competition, you would've undoubtedly been in first place."

The brunette turns and averts her eyes upwards, only to see Tsukishima blandly staring at her with his hands delved into his pockets. Her eyes widen by a fraction at the sight of him. Mina frantically wonders why he was here but it dawns to her that they're in the same class— from the beginning.