三十

chapter thirty!

GAUCHE

AUGUST, A MONTH OF SULTRY WEATHER

Months like these were times when Mina couldn't bear to be outside. It's agonizingly hot and humid, that uncomfortable feeling of stickiness on one's skin, damp clothes and constant buzzing of cicadas. Mina could list down all the traits summer had that she hated but at the moment, she was simply trying to fend off the heat.

Here she was inside the Sakanoshita store, mindlessly biting into a slice of watermelon. It was her turn to watch the store again; not that she minded since everyone else was too busy tending to their own chores. The brunette had finished all the homework, read all books that could be read around the house and surfed what could be surfed on the internet. But it became too repetitious, nothing too interesting that could be found.

While she could hear the animated chatter of the television in the next room, the only source of entertainment she truly had was spitting seeds directly into a bowl in the distance. Aside from that repetitive— and lonely— game, Mina couldn't tell how many times she blanked out and stared off at nothing in particular.

The automated chimes of the door set off as animated chatters accompanied it. Her eyes falls towards the doors and much to her surprise, it was the Karasuno folks. They were a lively bunch, all colourful with such odd designs on their shirts. But it seemed like they just got out of practice, judging by the way some of them broke away from the main circle and drifted off to the cooler areas for drinks— well, only Nishinoya and Tanaka.

"Welcome," Mina gives a subtle bow as she places down her watermelon.

Heads turned to her, seeing the smile she had on. Daichi was the first one to approach with a mirrored expression, wanting to give his greetings but Hinata ultimately butts in with such an excited look.