~ Chapter 2 ~

As promised, she was paid in full cash. Once she reached her condo apartment, Tamia went upstairs to her bedroom and reached under the bed sliding a small metal safe out from underneath. She opened it, it revealing the cash she had collected from her missions over the past seven years. She put the envelope of money inside the box and closed it's latch shut with a combination only she knew. Afterwards, she slid the safe back underneath her bed and went to the bathroom.

Tamia turned on the shower knobs and took off her black suit and unlatched the gadget belt and holsters then immediately threw the clothing into the washer just in case of blood stains. She took a hot shower, the drops water hitting her honey almond skin as she washed herself with fragrant body wash that smelt of imperial iris and warm honeysuckle. Afterwards, she stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself, securing it so it wouldn't fall when she shifted. 

She opened the door, the steam from the ceiling now seeping out into the cold air of her bedroom, misty but clear. Tamia walked over to her drawer and slid open the first slot, so forth grabbing her undergarments and a nightgown. She set them down on the bed neatly folded and went back to her bathroom to take of her towel and moisturize her skin. Once she was done, she dressed into her nightgown and hopped into bed. Grabbing a book from her nightstand and getting ready to unfold it's pages, just at that moment, the phone rang.

Annoyed, she set the book down beside her and quickly snatched the phone off of the nightstand flipping it open close to her ear.

"Hello?" she greeted, monotoned as always. 

*Yes, hello. You are the Shadow Soldier, are you not?* The man asked, voice professional and serious. Ah, Mister Bandello. He never did like to address her by her maiden name, so he gave her 'Shadow Soldier'. One that would stick because of such ruthlessness and chaos she had cost in the past for all the organization's enemies.

"Yes, that's correct. What do you want?" Tamia asked, slight irritation in her set of tone.

*I have a job for you. I need you to assassinate a powerful enemy of mine. He's rather to be well known and very secretive throughout the city,* the man explained. Tamia grabs out a notepad and pencil from her nightstand slot, preparing to write down excessive information. 

"I see. What's the targets name?" she questioned, holding her phone between her ear and shoulder. "I need details."

*He goes by the name of Don G. Most of what I've been able to out of files about him is that he's a businessman and works closely to the mayor of Ebott City, King Asgore.*

"Okay, what else?" 

*That's all the information given so far.*

"Okay," she mumbles, leaning back into her pillows. "How much?"

*Two million.*

"Just to kill a guy?"

*He's not just any guy, he's a monster. A ruthless one too. And you'll only receive the two million dollars if  you succeed in killing him.*

"Very well, Mister Bandello."

The man hesitated to speak, the end of the line silent for a few brief seconds. 

*Complete the mission then get the hell out. Understood?* The man then hung up at that, no longer in communication with the female. Tamia shut her phone putting it back on the nightstand and flipped the sheets off of her legs and walked over to her closet. She slid her closet door open and shuffled through a few racks of clothes to reach a secret compartment in the back of her closet. Once reaching it, she entered in a code and the latch from the wall opened up revealing assorted papers, files, and documents of information along with her closed laptop.

Tamia grabbed her laptop and walked back to her bed, opening the computer as she sat. Already she had entered her password, beginning to search through news websites and resources for further information on her next target. Giovanni Gaster Serif or rather commonly called, "Don G."

She clicked an article about an upcoming event within the city--- Jackpot. It was the Winter Gala Ball that would take place tomorrow at town hall central, 10 pm at night. All important figures around the parts of Ebott City would be there. Meaning, so would Don G.