~ Chapter 25 ~

Tamia was by far on edge today just as the past week.

Her eyes would glow every now and then, vision changing in new ways, almost like an update. At times, she could see peoples stats around her, human or monster. All the information they contained was vivid to her very eyes.

HP, LV, Defense, soul trait, other personal info. It was all hers to obtain, yet she did not want it. She felt as if she were violating ones privacy and sneaking into their very lives though she was afar. It was... Strange, inconvenient at most times.

Lately, her senses were on high. Perhaps it was paranoia or actual danger she just didn't know of yet, but the constant feeling of adrenaline pumping in her veins made her heart beat quicken, breath rasp and unsteady.

She figured to keep to herself for the time being to prevent any peculiar usage of words. She didn't want to be pressumed to be insane or unstable. The last thing she wanted was to end up in a psyhciatric ward.

She noticed Sans and G were more observant than usual, so it was best to keep her distance with the both of them. Though, that task was difficult since she had to go everywhere they went along with the whole group. She had been invited over to the King Mafia's mansion for the weekend.

And of course, she couldn't say no.

She went with a simple outfit, a light yellow and orange white dress with flowers upon them. Out of all other times, Tamia would've preferred trousers or pants, but she wanted to dress nice as possible. Underneath, she wore a one piece black and gold ring halter swimsuit.

They were in the humongous backyard, everyone enjoying the pool. Tamia sat in her chair under the sun, soaking up the vitamin D rays.

"You coming, Tamia?" Frisk asked, splashing Asriel in the water.

Tamia flipped a page of her book. "Is the water warm?" She asked, eyes looking up from her book.

"No..."

"Then, no thanks," she answered, putting her nose back in her book. Toriel and Gaster did the same, only there to relax among the young adults.

"Come on, Doll! Please?" G begged, resting his arms on the rim of the deeper pool end. Tamia put her book spine down on her lap with a small sigh, looking into the orbs of the pleading skeleton.

Her eyes traveled down to his soaking wet black swim shirt, the material clung to his body making his ribs most evident for her sight. A heat began to arise in her cheekbones for that particular reason, eyes straying away from his figure elsewhere.

"I'd rather not," she coughed out against her fist. She glanced back to see the puppy eyed skeleton, he looked... Cute. Tamia let out a sigh of defeat, closing her book shut. "Fine."

Everyone cheered as she got up from her seat, a grin pulling G's boney lips. Tamia walked over revealing her swimsuit, a sparking hue of yellow appearing on his cheekbones. An idea struck his mind in that moment. He snickered to himself and dipped underwater.

Tamia stepped in at the beginning of the pool, a shiver coursing up her spine from the cool water.

"Ugh, you guys so owe me," she shivered.

"You'll get used to it," Papyrus chuckled. Tamia shook her head with a small grin.

"Not really... Where's G?" Her attention turned to the spot he had just been. She fixed to turn her head only for skeletal arms to wrap around her waist from behind making her squeak in surprise. Her blood rose, setting her face aflame at the close physical contact, her cool persona completely diminishing. "G-G, let go!" She stammered, a glowing fiery pink across her face.

"Oh, come on. Didn't ya' like the surprise?" He purred huskily, squeezing her a bit tighter. His wet palm less hands held her sides delicately, phalanges curling into her soft flesh.

Water dripped down his face onto her shoulder, ribcage pressing into her back. Her heart beat quickened, body flushed.

"You didn't have to scare me like that," she blushed. "I could've hurt you."

"Mm. I don't think you would've," he chuckled, breath brushing against the back shell of her ear. "Besides that, don't you like this position?" He whispered slyly in a low seductive tone.

Tamia flinched, face becoming hotter by the second. "Kinky bastard! Let go you pervert!"

"Alright, that's quite enough teasing, G," Gaster spoke up, tilting his shades down. "The poor thing won't be able to handle it any longer."

G smirked and let go of Tamia, leaving her a flustered mess.

Sans grimaced at the scene, a bitter feeling bubbling inside. Seems like he'd have to get his brother in check and talk things out.

*----------------------------------------------*

Her stay at the mansion was festive to say. It was fun spending time with friends and doing activities. It was nice other than being by herself most of the time, comforting to put it.

She baked with Toriel, Chara, and Frisk, cooked with Papyrus and Undyne, watched anime with Gaster and Alphys, yet... She had not spent any time with Sans or G.

After pool day, they had been distant from her, well, G anyways. Which wasn't normal for him to do. He was persistent in getting her attention or something that included communication.

She walked down the hall to see G slamming a door behind him, body language clearly disgruntled as he settled back a means way to his room. Who or what exactly rattled his bones?

Sans came out of the same room moments later, walking her direction.

"Is everything all right?" Tamia asked.

"Wouldn't bet on it. You should go talk to him since he only seems to like being around ya' so much than his own family," Sans grumbled, stopping a few feet in front of her.

"I'm not trying to—"

"Well, you are. And you're breaking my family apart. G wasn't like this before you came along. You're the problem. I would tell you to fix it, but you can't, can you? Of course not, you're broken yourself," he hissed. "Listen closely, do not fall for my brother. Do not reciprocate his feelings. No matter if it's work or outside of it, don't.  If you do, it's going to end badly for the both of you. Stay in your place in a profession of fair respect and equalism. Nothing else. Got it?"

Tamia stood silent, fingers curled in the palms of her hands firmly. "And, what if I can't promise you that?"

"Then you'll suffer the consequences of your actions," Sans said, sockets pitch with nothing in them. A flicker of anger sparked within her. Sans swiftly walked past her only for Tamia to grab his forearm. Her grip was soft however, clearly with no intention of hurting him.

"Why are you so... Against me? I don't understand," she grimaced. Sans orbs met her eyes, almost a look of remorse in his eyes through his hard expression.

"Just heed to my warning," he clarified, jerking his arm from her hold. He walked past her, evident words passing his teeth. "It'll keep you alive in the future." He disappeared in a blue flash. Ah, so he had the same powers as his brother. Teleportation.

Wait, what did he mean by it might keep you alive in the future? Did he see something she didn't? A horrible consequence or end result? Would it lead to traumatic injury, better yet death? She didn't know, but she didn't want to find out.

Tamia looked to G's room, hesitant. She hated to admit it, but Sans... was right. It'd be best to keep her distance, especially if she wanted to keep everyone, mainly G, out of harms way.

She turned her heel back down the hallway to her guest bedroom, leaving her to inquisitive thoughts.

————————————————————————————————————

Author-chan: This was chapter also in the time span of Chapter 24 as well, I just wanted to break it up in a sort of way to bring out the ugly before the cute then the ugly again. So, if it's confusing, my apologies. However, thank you for reading my lovelies! (^.^)