~ Chapter 9 ~

The light held a denseness upon Tamia's subconscious face, her eyes fluttering awake to its brightness. When she twitched, her head felt tiredly heavy on her slump shoulders, her wrists and feet binded with metal wiring in the chair she sat in.

"Oh good, she's awake," a dog monster scoffed. By the gruff voice, she could tell it was a male. His footsteps turned to another in low conversation before she heard the opening and closing of a door. 

It was silent at first, but then the door opened again, three new pairs of feet entering the room. All Tamia could look at right now was her lap, she didn't care to look at who was in front of her. It's not that she had shame, no, she just knew.

"So you're finally awake, huh?" Undyne taunted, her arms crossed in mere triumph. "Putting up a fight with us, now look where you are."

"Just get on with it, will you?" Tamia grumbled, bringing her head up slightly to the side to look at Undyne, her hair covering some of her face. "I don't have time for your shenanigans."

Undyne growled at her passive aggressive nature, a short fuse about to blow. She didn't tolerate disrespect nor would she ever. Asriel put a hand on Undyne's shoulder to calm her from doing anything rash. "Undyne, let's just let the Boss handle her," he said calmly.

"And where he is exactly?" she asked. "I know there aren't just two people in here besides you two, I heard a third pair of shoes walking in here. I'm not hard of hearing you know."

"And right you are, sweetheart." A deep, smooth voice spoke from afar. Undyne and Asriel stepped out the way and to the side allowing there Boss to see her. Laying her eyes upon the figure, Tamia's eye remained half lidded as usual. Her eyes wandered around the room. It just a plain old dark room with a metal table like an interrogation room. Tamia's gaze then fell back upon Don G who seemed to be waiting for her response.

"Hm, I'm not surprised," she mused, her tone sarcastic. "Nice to see you again, Don G."

"Same goes for you, Roxanne, or should I say, Shadow Soldier," he replied, tone sarcastic and low as well. Don G walked up in front to the light to present himself, a table inbetween them. He leaned forward, setting his phalanges on the surface.

"What is it that you want?" Tamia asked, cocking a curious brow.

"I have a proposition for you," Don G deciphered.

"Not interested," Tamia interrupted, yawning.

"Let me finish, thank you," he sighed, glaring into her unamused brown eyes. "I have a proposition for you, one that you're not allowed to refuse."

"And why is that?" she scoffed.

"Because, I know you work for the Phantom Blooded Killers Organization," G said. 

"So?" Tamia sassed, voice flat while rolling her eyes.

"And I think personally you'd thrive being in my organization with the skill set and qualifications that you have," he divulged. 

"So trading one killing organization for another, to be used as a tool?!" Tamia sneered. "Why the hell would I want to do that!"

"Because I can give you something they can't," G said nonchalantly. "Stability, protection, and family."

At those words, Tamia fell silent, a dark aura around her. "With all do respect, sir, don't make promises you can't keep," she spoke darkly.

"Trust me, I'm not the type of monster to break promises, I take them very seriously," G confided, his expression serious. 

This was absolutely ridiculous! Family?! Stability?! Protection?! Family?! Yeah, right. Such things couldn't exist for her, they never would. Tamia remained silent, her lips pursed and brows slightly crinkled in thought. After some time, she spoke once again. 

"It doesn't seem like I have a choice, does it?" she quizzed, her voice low in disgust. G could tell she was puzzled, but chose not to show her emotion of doubt within the situation. 

"Just to give your mind a clearer set of focus, might I remind you I have all your records. If you refuse my deal, I could just turn you over easily to the government since there is a bounty to your name," he smirked, moving the flap of his black suit back, stuffing his hands in his pockets. 

"So you're practically blackmailing me?" Tamia asserted. G nodded, a small cocky smirk distilled on his bony lips. She sighed, tilting her head back against the chair, closing her eyes. "Y'know... I would be able to think a lot better about this if I didn't have these uncomfortable restraints on." G gestured silently Undyne and Asriel over and they nodded, unwrapping the restraints from around Tamia's hands and ankles. She brought her wrists up to view, a light red circulation around them as she rubbed the blood drained spot.

 "That's much better. Now, where were we? Ah, yes, about to strike a deal, no?" she articulated. "Since you have already taken into action of drugging me, kidnapping me, and successfully blackmailing me, I might as well agree to your terms. So, if I'm going to be working for you, then what exactly is my job?"

"My personal assistant slash bodyguard of course," G grinned.

"Isn't that a downgrade?" Tamia implied. 

"No, it's an upgrade rather, you'd get paid more than your previous job," he explained. Tamia concentrated on the ordeal of this offer, analyzing her options. Clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth, she stared intensely ahead at the male/monster figure that was objectively giving her very good, threatening reasons not to refuse. 

One, he has all her records meaning he knows of her past. 

Two, he knows there's a humungous bounty to her name and could easily hand her over to the government meaning that they can hand her life behind bars or kill her, probably once she arrives. 

Three, she's already encountered him before but lost do to the inconvience of arrivals at the scene.

Four, was there really any other option? 

"Hah... I can't believe I'm about to say this," Tamia fumed lowly, her hands into firm fists. "This might be the worst or the most idiotic decision of my life, but, I accept your proposal, Don G."  He hummed in approval and slid a document and pen from his suit jacket pocket onto the table in front of her. 

"Welcome to the Kings Mafia, Shadow Soldier."