~ Chapter 6 ~

Tamia started her morning with a hot cup of coffee and toast smeared avocado with sun dried salt and pepper tomatoes on top, a hint of lemon juice. 

She wore a decent brown trench coat, but nothing to make her stand out. To protect her identity, she wore one side of her hair over the left side of her face and inserted dark grey eye contacts since they looked the most natural to her look. After all, this was the casual look she had when she went out in public, any place, anytime. The only time she didn't was when she was on mission.

Tamia grabbed her purse and keys, heading out of her home. She walked a few blocks where humans and monsters roamed on opposite sides. 

In a matter of fifteen minutes, she had reached the establishment where she worked, entering with a small smile. Grillby was at the counter, serving drinks. He had noticed her entrance, a smile appearing on his face.

"Ah, Good morning Miss Kent," Grillby smiled.

"Good morning Mister Grillby," Tamia greeted, walking around the counter.  She went through the doors behind and took off her trench coat, putting it on the hook of the wardrobe coat rack. She washed her hands and appeared back behind the counter.

"So, how was your weekend?" he asked. Tamia paused, slowly turning to Grillby.

"Quite... interesting you could say," she responded, hesitant.

"Any details?"

"Let's just say it was... Action filled," she replied, Grillby smiling in return.

"Well I'm glad you had fun. Now, would you mind taking over the bar for me? Someone needs to handle the back," he pointed, gesturing to the kitchen.

"Sure Grillbs, I'll take care of it," Tamia nodded. Grillby retreated into the kitchen leaving Tamia to attend the customers in the front.

Customers from tables, most pertaining to men, would stare at her simply because she looked... different. Although black and whites weren't separated anymore, most would give her weird stares because she looked exotic which confused everyone at times.

Other than that, this joint mainly consisted of monsters and only a few humans. Tamia had no problem with the monsters. They treated her fair and she did the same, so no confliction made here. A group of female humans had entered the establishment not far from fifteen minutes ago, but it didn't bother anyone. They recieved customer service just like the rest. 

Cleaning the counter out of boredom, the sound of a bell was heard, Tamia looking up to see one two very tall skeleton figures. Both their bodies were slender, but their sharp tailored suits made up for it. She noticed their presence as rather... Intimidating to others based on the observations of how Monsters turned their heads the opposite of them once catching sight or just a glimpse of who they were. A force not to be reckoned with. 

They walked over to the bar where Tamia was and sat side by side in seats. They both had a crack that ran above their left socket and one that ran below the right like Don G. Must be a family thing, she thought. Tamia pushed the thought away and focused on her work. She greeted them with a smile as she did all her  customers. 

"Hello gentlemen. How may I help you?" 

The skeleton in the brown suit with sharp shoulder pads smiled brightly, pearly white teeth.

"Yes, I would like to order chocolate chip pancakes, thank you."

She turned to the other taller skeleton that wore a black suit that somewhat resembled one of scientist attire. "And you sir?"

"Just black coffee, thank you," he responded, his voice wavered but strong. Tamia nodded, writing down the information on her pad and looked back up at them, flashing them a sweet smile.