~ Chapter 24 ~

G sat down with his brother at the pristine wooden table, the clock on the wall ticking by the hour, ringing into the cold silent air. Sans sat across, lazy posture leaning back into the chair with a soft creak. He took a long drag of his cigar then exhaled it through his teeth before parting his mouth to speak. 

"As you know, I've had my concerns lately and such about, Tamia. I understand she's apart of the family now, but there's something wrong with her," he alluded. 

"Sans, please, how many times are you going to bring this up?" G sighed, putting a hand to his skull. "I know she's not exactly all happy go lucky, but she's doing her best to fit in regardless of her problems."

"G, I'm talking about stats. HP. LV. Defense. Her soul trait. She's not normal," Sans interposed. 

"You don't think I know that? I've fought her before if you don't remember," he intimated.

"Then, why haven't you said anything to the rest of us?! We're family after all!"

"Tamia, doesn't need people crawling up her back or peering over her shoulder every second of work! I need her to work in an environment where she can work in peace and where she is not judged just because of her status!" G clarified, voice raised in volume. 

Sans quieted down, letting out an annoyed sigh through his nasal cavity. "Have you talked to Asgore about this?"

"Asgore, doesn't need to know," he replied lowly. "He already has enough shit to deal with."

"G, Tamia is dangerous. She possesses something powerful. I don't know what it is, but there was a certain glowing glitch in her eyes the other day. And we both know that could only mean two things. She doesn't belong in this world or she's a hacker," Sans professed. 

"Sans, you can't possibly think—" 

"I'm serious, G. She could be a danger to us all. There's a reason why the government wanted her, a reason why she was used as a weapon in war. There's something about her that we don't know yet, something monstrous. And when it does come out, we won't be able to trust her as much as before or even altogether," he portended. 

G remained silent, orbs missing from his pitch black eye sockets. He didn't want to face the facts, but, his brother might've been right. If there was something about Tamia, something absolutely diabolical, would he look at her the same? How would they move on from it? He didn't know, but he knew he wouldn't just leave her to fend for herself. 

He shifted in his seat, rubbing a hand over his skull recollecting himself on the matter. He fixed his posture against the rim of the table, leaning into the material, a hand over his fist on the smooth surface. 

"If you're so sure about this, what do you suggest we do?" 

A a smug stretched across Sans skull as he tapped the ash off of his cigar in the flat glass tray. "Easy, let nature run its course. Then, once it happens and she reveals who she really is, well... The rest will be up to you to decide what you want to do with her."  G averted his orbs, boney lips pursed at the bitter thought.

"..."

Sans eyed his brother, soaking up his body language and all. He erupted into laughter, booming voice bouncing off the walls. "Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh my fucking—Ha ha ha ha!" G gave him a hard questioning look in response to his wrongly time humor. 

"I'm sorry, do you find something funny here?" He asked. Sans continued his fit off laughter for a few minutes, G watching his older brother unamused. Sans finally regained himself, wiping a blue translucent tear from his socket. 

"Oh, that's golden," he wheezed. 

"Are you done with your buffoonery now?" 

"Yeah, yeah," he gestured, rolling his wrist in motion. He took a small breath, expression now serious. "You've got feelings for her, don'tcha'?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me well enough the first time, don't play dumb," Sans snarked. Silence stumbled across the brothers for a few minutes, G hesitant of his words. 

"I've taken interest in this woman. Okay, so what? It's none of your concern," he delineated. 

"As a matter of fact, it is my concern because as the oldest, I am responsible looking out for you and Papyrus," Sans specified. 

"Damn it, Sans! We're not kids anymore! We're grown adults! I don't need you to look out for me and watch my every move!" G yelled, shooting up from his chair. He paced the room back and forth in frustration, a hand on his hipbone as the other was dragging down his mandible to calm himself down.

"With that assistant you have, I do," he glowered. "She's a threat." G paused his movement, snapping his skull to the direction of his brother, shooting daggers into him.

"Whether or not Tamia is a threat to this Mafia business is my concern, not yours! She is strictly under my protection and supervision! I trust her enough to let her uphold information of our stock and trade sales, therefore, I do not see her as a threat!"

"That's just business, G. You don't know her personally, what she's really like. None of us do. Hell, she could just be faking it all," Sans countered. "Before making your final decision about her, I hate to say it, but spend some time with her off of work if you can."

"You know what could possibly happen if I do that, right? That is, if she feels the same way," G depicted, cocking a nonexistent brow at him. 

"Though I'm hoping that's not a possiblity, yes, I do," Sans sighed.

"Well, you like Frisk, so why's Tamia any different?" He smirked. A hue of blue spread across Sans cheekbones as he rolled his orbs dismissively. 

"Because we both have known her longer. Tamia, sure, a couple of months, but she doesn't talk much about herself around us," Sans scoffed. "She's far out of reach."

"Hm. Have you ever thought she doesn't talk around you all too much because she knows all you'll do is judge her the entire time?" G corroborated bitterly, walking over to the door. Sans went silent. He had never really thought about that because he was so busy on getting the truth, yet he had not thought to think once about Tamia's feelings. How inconsiderate of him. G grabbed the handle of the door and gripped it, tone cold as ice and hot as acid. "Tamia, may not show it as much as the rest of you'd like, but she has feelings too. She's human afterall."

He let those settle as his last words into Sans thick skull and took his leave out the door, firmly shutting it behind him.

Regardless, if his brother may or may not have been correct, he would never do it. 

He would never eliminate Tamia. 

He couldn't. His soul such as every fiber of his being wouldn't allow him to. He cared too much about her to throw her away from this world. 

Whatever Tamia's other side was, he was willing to face it head on. 

After all, he was determined to.