~ Chapter 5 ~

Tamia stumbled as she quickly swung open her back door and locked it shut with the multiple locks it had with on it. She rushed to her bedroom upstairs, a panting mess as she looked around paranoid. She steadied her breath and kneeled down, grabbing the floor board where a gun was placed in which she grabbed out. She put the floor board back and held the caliber gun handle around her palm, her finger almost ready to squeeze the trigger at any given time.

She walked slowly through the halls of her empty home with silent steps, bracing herself against every cornered wall diligently. How could he have potentially known so quickly?! Where did he get the information of an assassin showing up from? She walked slowly down the stairs, her hands gripping at her gun without fear, expression concentrated.

She whipped her caliber each and every way, no one there. Not a peep. Not a sound. Just, solemn silence. Tamia searched through every room, nothing out of place or removed. Eventually, she relaxed lowering her weapon down. So there was no one in her house, thank God. She let out a breath and turned around back to the hallway. 

Back in her room after fixing herself up and taking a hot shower, Tamia was now in her pajamas. Her phone rang making her jump slightly as she settled into bed. Grabbing the phone from her nightstand, she presses the accept call button.

"Hello?"

*Did you finish the job Shadow Soldier?* Mr. Bandello asked.

"No sir, I did not," Tamia answered honestly, swallowing the dryness in her throat. "But, I will get him next time."

*There is no 'next time'. You only get one chance and one chance only,* he glowered.

"Sir, it was just a simple mistake. It won't happen again, I can promise you that. And the only reason he didn't die is because I underestimated his abilities, he's a lot stronger than I expected. But, I can beat him. I just need to find his weakness."

Mister Bandello remained silent over the phone, Tamia feeling anxious at this but refusing to show it through her tone.

*Alright, since you're one of most treasured prized possessions of this shit of an organization, I'll give you one more chance,* he said, a conniving grin in his voice on the other side of the phone.

"Thank you Mister Bandello. This mishap won't happen again," Tamia clarified, grateful. You see, Mister Bandello wasn't one to forgive those who failed missions. You get one chance and if you fail, well... You know what happens. 
Slit throat, gun shot to the head or chest out of nowhere, killed by the boss himself or one of his henchmen if you were that special. It was percepted as a "transfer" or "disappearance" to which was not nearly as true as most would've thought in anyway possible. No, certainly not. It was cold-blooded murder.

Yeah, brutal right? Well tough luck, that's how things are in this time and era. So, deal with it.

*I'm glad it won't, because you know what happens if you fail again,* he chuckled darkly. *You have two months to find out his weakness and kill him. Don't fuck it up.*

He hung up abruptly leaving Tamia frozen in place.

She shut her flip phone, gripping at it with anger. "That... Bastard!" Tamia exclaimed, thrashing out of bed and throwing the device into the wall. It smashed in half, the flip phone halves split into two with a few broken pieces. Tamia sighed and walked over to the broken phone and threw it in the trash. She went over to her bottom drawer and pulled out the slot to reveal new cellphones. She grabbed one out and turned it on, it already set for the things she would need like before.

Tamia set the new cellphone onto her nightstand and crawled into the bed sheets before turning on her back. She stared at the ceiling with her hands rested on her stomach, anger and paranoia racking at her brain.

She had two months, yes, but how could she figure out how to get connections to this skeleton? An odd sight for sore eyes? Just how? 

Sigh. Nevermind that. Tomorrow was a new day, a day to work at Grillbys since the weekend was over. She could take the time to assemble and figure out how things from then.

No big deal.