~ Chapter 18 ~

Two weeks had passed in no time what so ever. Work. Training. Work. Training. All on repeat. No breaks.

One thing was for sure though, she was sick. Why was she sick? Tamia didn't quite exactly understand. She hadn't been around anyone sick because monsters don't get sick and if they do, it's rare.

So, it had to be she overexerted herself and this was the outcome of it. Yep, that's it.

All the symptoms hit her like a boulder, starting off slow then gradually getting worse.

Her fever started off in a fairly common way, first her body becoming overly heated then soon drenched with a light coat of sweat. Second, chills and shivers along with muscles aches and an excessive headache. Feelings of dehydration and nausea.

She tossed and turned in the sheets, trying to get comfortable and as cool possible with little to no clothing on. She had stripped her pajamas earlier off in the morning once feeling to heated, only leaving her in her undergarments.

The phone rang from her nightstand, Tamia weakly reaching for the small audible object. She moved the screen to her face, accepting the call button.

"Hello?"

*Tamia, where are you? It's past 8:30 am and you're never late. Is something wrong?* G asked. Tamia sighed, combing a hand through her hair.

"Um, yeah, about that... I can't make it to work," she panted.

*Are you sick?*

"I don't really know how, but, yes. Yes, I am sick," she confirmed. "I'll probably be back the day after the next, so I'll send you your schedule and everything."

*Well, alright, are you sure you don't need help over there?*

Tamia's whole body felt like a skillet, her brain feeling fried and barely able to focus on the closest object to her. Her eyes even couldn't stay open for the slightest second which definitely wasn't a good sign. She took the thermometer out of her mouth and checked the temperature. One hundred and four degrees, that wasn't good.

She knew with this type of fever, if it got worse, she'd have to ask for help eventually. She didn't want to, but she had to. Again, didn't want help, but needed it rather.

"Can you please send Alphys and Toriel over? I don't think I can take care of myself right now," Tamia breathed. "The spare key to my condo is in a small latch under the bush next to the door bell."

*Got it. Already contacted Toriel and Alphys, they should be on their way shortly. Just stay with me, okay?*

"I don't think I can," she mumbled. "My fever is getting the best of me and I can't see straight, plus, I'm having hallucinations."

*How high is your fever?* He asked.

"One hundred and four. I've tried bringing it down by taking cold baths but nothing works," Tamia groaned, head throbbing with ceaseless pain. "Ugh, I hate being sick."

*That's it, I'm coming over. I'll be there in twenty minutes.* G said.

"G, you have work to do, don't waste your time on—"

*Tamia, I don't mind helping you out, plus, I owe it to ya' anyways. Nothing you say will change my mind. I'll be there soon.*

Tamia ended the call and flipped her cell phone over, screen down. She clutched her hands close to her chest, chills morphing throughout her body.

Eyelids growing heavy, Tamia obeyed, drifting off into a seemingly breathless sleep.

***************************