~ Chapter 19 ~

Things were finally back to normal... Well, at least for now. The group had settled down at the diner for the time being, enjoying their free time among one another.

Tamia sipped her iced butter pecan mocha, taste buds content with the flavor. Caffeine seemed to always give her an energy boost when she never got the proper rest. She of course was kept up all night by occasional paranoia and traumatic memories. Although it wasn't normal, she thought it was.

Her lidded eyes blatantly explored the establishment with disinterest yet taking in every feature to the smallest detail. As the door opened, the bell rung simultaneously making her head throb inconveniently.

Tamia hissed under her breath and set her drink down, setting her middle and index fingers on the sides of her temples. She rubbed in slow circles, eyes closed in attempt to make it go away. Perhaps she was having another migraine? It was a relevant major headache she would have, so it wasn't uncommon.

"You okay, Tamia?" G asked, features morphing into concern.

"I'm fine, just... Migraine, headache, whatever you'd like to call it..." She breathed.

"I get those to. I have medicine that can get rid of a migraine if you want it," Frisk said, shuffling through her purse.

She pulled out a small packet which Tamia gladly took. She murmured a small thank you and quickly ripped off the top and poured the small powder in her mouth. She washed it down with her coffee, the medication already kicking in minutes later.

"Feel better?"

"Yes, thank you," Tamia sighed, resting her chin in her palm. The bell rung again, footsteps walking in. The steps stopped in front of her, Tamia not acknowledging their presence. The table paused their conversation noticing the figure.

"Um, my child, I think you have someone who wants to talk to you," Toriel pointed.

"Yeah, seems like they know you," Undyne said.

"Alright, what do you want?" Tamia turned her head and looked up, eyes widening for a split second before relaxing. The man chuckled, hands rested comfortably in his dress pants pockets.

He had tattoos that ran up his left arm up to his neck over his light tan skin, black slick hair slick to the side, hazel eyes looking down at her with that shitty grin.

"Nice to see you to, Cupcake. How's it been?"

G raised a brow at the man. Cupcake?

"Wait-Tamia, is this your-" Papyrus was cut off by Tamia.

"No! He's-" She huffed, eyes looking away in embarrassment. "-An old friend."

"Friend?! Damn he's hot!" Chara blurted.

"Language!" Toriel hissed. Chara murmured a small sorry and lowered her voice. Tamia rubbed the back of her neck uncomfortably, a dramatic warmth filling her cheekbones.

"What do you want, Nick? In fact, what are you doing in Ebott City, shouldn't you be in France?" She questioned. Nick simply shrugged, grin growing wider.

"I just wanted to visit an old friend, that's all. Once I learned you were back on the grid, well... I just had to see if that were true."

"I am, you can leave now," Tamia deadpanned. Nick pulled up a chair beside her and sat himself down.

"Ha! You really haven't changed, Cupcake. Still the same old blunt grumpy person when we were kids," Nick chuckled, ruffling her hair. Tamia smacked his hand away, cheeks puffing out.

"Were you guys ever together?" Sans asked.

"No, he's my friend!" Tamia blushed, snapping her vision to him.