~ Chapter 10 ~

Let's be real, Tamia didn't like this one bit. Although her other problem had been dealt with and she was out of the danger zone with her previous organization, she had joined another one far more deadly than the other. King's Mafia. Sounds pretty powerful and ruthless, right? Well of course it does, it's a mafia organization where you kill as a job. 

However, Tamia couldn't say if she would be required to kill people since she was now Don G's personal assistant and body guard. Meaning, she'd have to go everywhere he goes and keep track of his scheduled meetings and conferences. Why would he want her for that when he can pick anyone else? She can't exactly grasp the situation of why. 

This morning, she had pulled on a black suit with a fedora, black gloves, and black dress shoes.  Her hair was pressed and curled this way and that like neat waves, a bobby pin keeping the front swooped to the left side. Although the suit was meant to ruffle out her curves, it made no difference to which Tamia found annoying. But, she had no time to change and went out the way she had dressed. Stepping outside of her house and locking it, she turned her heel to find a black dodge charger exactly twenty feet from the front of her. The window rolled down revealing a familiar skeleton figure. 

"Get in," G spoke, his orbs ahead on the road. Not surprised he knew her location, Tamia didn't pay attention to the details. Instead, she quickly paced herself down the steps and opened the door, crouching herself down to enter the vehicle, closing the door briefly afterwards. The vehicle then began to move, a soft humming from the engine. She sat up straight, crossing her legs at a angle, her eyes straight ahead.

"If you don't mind me asking sir, where exactly are we going? You're conference meeting doesn't start until 2:30 p.m.," Tamia pointed out, inquisitive. Don G stole a glance at Tamia before looking back at the road ahead of him.

"Café, I figured you didn't have breakfast. Am I wrong?" 

"No sir, you're not," she answered, just remembering she hadn't ate breakfast this morning because she was trying to choose a professional suit. Although she had multiple, it was hard to choose because of her being picky. It was always a hassle to get dressed. Choose the right attire, you're taken seriously. Choose the wrong attire, you're seen as a joke or a slut. 

G focused on the busy road and traffic ahead of him, Tamia watched from the window as buildings, people, monsters, and cars of blurs pass her at the speed of light almost. She found it relatively peaceful seeing the world pass by before her very eyes. Even though she had seen it before, it was always interesting to watch each and every time as if she were child, eager to see their favorite cartoon every Saturday or Sunday. 

The car came to a soft halt, now in a parking lot in front of Howard's Café. G took the key out of the ignition and unlocked the door as Tamia did the same, both stepping out of the vehicle and closing the car doors behind them once exited completely. They entered the café, the normal sound of a bell ringing when someone enters. The environment was chatty and warm, homely in a way, essentially carefree. They found a spot in the front and sat in the light lime green cushioned seats, a waiter coming up to their aid shortly afterwards. 

"Hello, my name is Helen! What may I get you today?" The waitress smiled, positive energy beaming off of her. Tamia sighed and took her fedora off to meet the women's eyes, hers half lidded as usual, expression blank.

"I would like a Cappuccino with two french vanilla creamers, please," she requested, Helen writing down the order. She then turned to Don G, a blush taking her tan face. 

"O-oh, and what would you like?" she stuttered, breath taken by the sight in front of her. G gave her a charming smile. Tamia averted her eyes, knowing all too well the technique men---male monsters use to swoon women of either species. If they've got the looks, they'll take it to any extent. It's no surprise.