~ Chapter 26 ~

Both abiding by Sans wishes, kept their mutual relationship in a place of professional.

Tamia removed herself from G's office and got her own place to work in the building, so both could focus on the task at hand without one another's presence.

Especially with rumors going around about them supposedly being "together" or her being one of his "love affairs," it was really best to keep her distance at work.

In public, though they walked in close proximity, they spoke of nothing personal. The subject was strictly on work or rather nothing at all since Sans was around to keep them in check.

When it was just them, G would try and reach out to Tamia but she was emotionally unresponsive. She had put her brick walls back up and she wasn't letting them down anytime soon again.

Since Tamia found herself working today, she stayed in her office majority of the time being and even skipped lunch break. The reports of the stock and trade sales, she gave them to Undyne to pass the documents to G's office since she stopped by their often to report any bounty that had been taken care of.

She honestly couldn't wait for girls night out at the Diamond back club. Undyne, Frisk, Chara, Alphys. All ladies. No guys allowed. They had planned it all some time after the mansion weekend.

She typed away at her computer, taking a sip of coffee now and then. Clicking away at her mouse, she heard a knock on her desk and looked up from her computer to find Undyne. She didn't even hear her come in, she needed to be more aware next time.

"The Boss wants to see you," she stated, gesturing her head down the direction of the hallway.

"Ooh... Do I have to?" Tamia winced, a slight whine in her tone.

Undyne nodded with a toothy grin. "Of course. Unless you want to pay the price."

Tamia gave out a sigh and pushed her chair back from her desk. "Hah... Alright, I'm going." She got up and patted her slacks off. "Wish me luck."

"Already did," she chuckled. 

"Alright, see you tonight, Undyne." Tamia shot Undyne a playful glare with a grin and exited the room.

She walked down the hallway and took a left turn then right, finally reaching the double doors of G's office. She took a few deep breaths, praying that she doesn't get scolded. She gave the door a firm knock or two then waited for a response.

She heard a valid "come in" then gripped the hand, pushing the door forward. There she saw G sitting behind his desk, leaned back in his chair with a glass shot of whisky. He directed her with his free hand to sit down and she closed the door behind her, doing so quietly.

"Is there something you need, sir?" She asked, hands folded in her lap.

"Nope. Actually, I wanted to talk to you," He asserted.

"Why?"

"Why? Why you ask? It's because you've been avoiding me, Tamia. It's clear as day," G argued.

"How so?" She pretended calmly, gaze meeting his.

"You avoid me in the halls. You don't deliver your documents in person, but instead make Undyne do it. You haven't come to the lobby for lunch break. And, you're calling me 'sir' again. Must I go on?" He started.

Tamia gulped silently, an override feeling of bitterness and guilt taking over her. "No," she sulked.

"Then tell me what the problem is."

"There is no problem."

G tilted his head back and swallowed the shot then set the glass on the desk with a firm clink. Orbs set back up on the female, he gave a bitter frown. "You're lying and it shows. Tell me the truth."