~ Chapter 7 ~

Meanwhile...

 A bandage on the right side of his jaw, a bigger one that held his two cracked ribs together underneath his sharp clothing. Don G sat at his desk, assorting through files of little evidence on the assassin that had attacked him the night before. His nonexiste brows knitted together in concentration, focused, his phalanges tapping impatiently at the metal surface. 

The female assassins name was not Roxanne Withers, but rather Tamia Kent. An exotic, light melaninated female who almost to nearly took him down so easily, so swiftly with cold-blooded nature. She was twenty-three years old, an orphan who had no family and disappeared from society at the age of five, prolonged to be dead, before public city records could show she was alive again at the age of twenty-one. It was a hassle to obtain the evidence because there was very little but it was just enough for G to piece together by himself with just silence and a shot of whisky. 

Of all the little info on her profile, another that belonged to the Phantom Blooded Killers Organization read her assigned code name: Shadow Soldier.

Shadow Soldier... Where has he heard that name before? His mind then clicked instantly. Ah, that's right. His peers among the Kings Mafia had talked about a certain individual that slaughtered in the night, striked with out mercy, leaving bloodstained walls and floors of all scenery. They were an assassin for a certain organization, but none could figure out which. If you attempted to follow them in the night, you would always lose them ever so quickly within a few seconds before finding out anything. They wore black attire to resemble their cold black hearted persona, a black mask worn just below their eyes.

Don G laid the files back onto his desks surface and leaned back in his chair, recollecting his thoughts.

How? Just how could a woman, a beautiful woman like her live her life as an assassin? A murderer for money? And yet... He could not blame her, for he did the same thing for those who did not pay their dues. It was whether they had debts they needed to pay and crossed the deadline or they had bounties over their heads for a great price. 

Now, G damn well knows he doesn't borrow money from anybody since his organization is funded by King Asgore, so he must've been a bounty head for P.B.K.O. Their leader wanted him dead, it was obvious, so they sent Tamia Kent, a.k.a Shadow Soldier to finish their dirty work. However, things didn't go as planned. 

A firm knock was placed on the door from the other side, interrupting Don G thoughts. He composed himself upright in his chair, elbows at the surface of his desk as he looked through the very few files in concentration. 

"Come in," he called out. 

The door clicked open revealing a blue scaled woman. She wore a professional black suit, hands held comfortably behind her back, a black eye patch over her left eye, the other yellow with a red slit. Her red hair was neatly tied in a tight ponytail. 

"Boss, the King wants to see you, you should go now," she announced. He looked up from his papers, raising a nonexistent brow at the fish female before reverting his orbs back down again.

"Is that so?" he hummed bitterly. 

"Yes, and he wants to see you now," she divulged, her voice stern. 

"As you can see I'm rather busy," Don G disclosed, silently gesturing to the file in his hand. "Can't it wait, Undyne?" 

Undyne gave out a irritated sigh. "No Boss, it can't. Now hurry up and get going, King Asgore doesn't like to wait. You know that very well out of everyone else here, do you not?"

G looked up from his papers and glared at her for a few seconds, meeting a fierce glare met by his own. "Very well," he sighed, breaking eye contact first. "The quicker I do this, the quicker I can get back to my investagation in which I can take action in very soon." G set down his papers out of defeat and stood up, scooting his seat back. He walked around his desk and stuffed his hands in his pockets. 

"Shall I escort you to where King Asgore awaits you?" Undyne asked. 

"No thanks, I'm good. I'll see ya' later Undyne," G waved, teleporting within a milisecond, now arrived at an immense two opened door. He slipped his right hand from his pocket and raised it to the door, knocking with a unrythmatic sound. Once he heard a faint voice allow him to come in, he grabbed the handle and opened the door. 

There in an inclined black chair, King Asgore sat with a cup of tea in his hand, a friendly smile on his face. However, G wasn't really the one to smile right now, he had two cracked ribs afterall. Anyone at that would be disgruntled.

"Ah, Don G, nice to see you again," Asgore said, taking a sip at his tea. "How are your injuries?"

G settled down in the seat across from him, legs parted as he leaned back. "Fine, I've been through worse. This is more like an itch to be honest." 

"I see. If you don't mind me asking... Just who attacked you?" he asked, curious. "I know it was an assassin, as rumors around this place spread quickly, but just what was he there for exactly?"

"You mean she," G corrected him, his sockets half lidded and tensed. Asgore's eyes widened slightly. "I probably had a bounty over my head from where she came from." He rubbed a hand over his skull, pulling his orbs over to the the wall across the room. 

"Do you know her name then?" Asgore questioned. G's orbs shot back to Asgore for a brief moment, fixed. 

"Her code name is Shadow Soldier," G answered. "Thanks to Alphys hacking the systems, I was quickly able to get her info from P.B.K.O.'s primary head quarters system."

"P.B.K.O.? The Phantom Blooded Killers Organization, that's who she works for?" 

G nodded. "Yep, and I'm pretty sure I know who specifically sent her, so that's why I've already had two sent his way as a permanent message." 

"Well, did you get all the info needed?" 

"Not exactly. There's still very little information about her, but it seems to match the events of the night before. I even got some of her public records, but there's only five because she had disappeared for a very long time before showing up again in the real world after sixteen years."

"What do you suppose to do about it?" 

"She could be very useful with her robust abilities and skills in areas we already have, so honestly..." G put a phalange under his chin, rubbing at it in thought. His mind clicked instantly once again at such brilliancy. A smirk made its way onto his bony lips. 

"I propose we have a little chat."