~ Chapter 22 ~

The Charity ball had been overwhelming.

Tamia wasn't much a social butterfly, but could make small talk every now and then. She was asked multiple times along with G were they together. Both of course replied they just worked together and that they were both single to which they declined all possible dating offers. Neither were interested.

G was one of the biggest sponsors for the event, so he was able to meet a lot more trading partners and such. None of it interested her in particular so she enjoyed most of her time at the bar. She knew it'd better to spare the embarrassment and inconvenience of becoming most exceptionally drunk, so she stuck with a Apreol Spritz cocktail. It was a citrusy, herbal, bittersweet alcoholic drink. A mellow classic.

When the music began, a few gentlemen had offered their hand to her for a dance. Knowing majority of their intentions, she politely declined and continued to sip her drink. Her eyes came upon G dancing among the couples with a female.

She had beautiful dark chocolate skin, black hair shined and straightened, eyes a light hazel green. She wore a bright red dress that hugged all her curves, light eyeshadow, and red lipstick. Tamia had to admit, the woman looked beautiful, but it made her feel a tad insecure about her appearance. She had big breasts, yes, but the female had bigger. She was also a bit more filled out, thicker than her and taller.

All she wore was a white and gold long sleeve lace maxi dress that exposed her collarbones. Her dark brown hair was curled at the end, a little gold eyeshadow with mascara, lips glossed with a transparent coating of citrus flavor. She wore a gold pointe earrings and a matching necklace. She shook her head and turned her seat around from the crowd.

Boy, she really needed to stop doing that. Stop looking at others and just look at herself. She observed too much rather than acted.

All the crushes she had in her time, most never even knew she existed because she would always observe from afar.

Not stalk, but admire.

The ones who were acquaintances with her, she eventually gathered the courage and confessed her feelings, but they always turned her down in disgust or replied, "You're too light, I like darker girls."

For men, there was always a problem with her skin tone. It was she was too light or not light enough. It was honestly bullshit. She was red boned, a honey almond complexion and she couldn't changed that nor did she wish to.

So, at that point, she just gave up when it came to guys and let them come to her. Even then when dating became an option, she declined because all the men wanted after a first date was what was between her legs when most of them didn't even have money to pay for the meal let alone afford the car they were driving.

Once she had liked Nick, but had never suspected the break of their friendship over the painful truth rather than a confession.

After that, entirely after that, she lost interest. I mean, who wouldn't?

G had joined her later and the two had struck up a conversation so the rest of the night hadn't been so bad.

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Everyone seemed to be wearing coats today since it had rained the night before as well as this morning.

"Anyone wanna relax at Muffets Café? I'm sure we could all use a little peace," Sans said, breaking the silence.

"Might as well, we don't have anything else to do right now," Papyrus yawned.

"Sure, I'm tired anyways," Chara shrugged. Frisk nodded in agreement with a tired sigh.