~ Chapter 31 ~

Tamia had ventured off into the city for a small adventure, coming across a public library not to far off of Liberal Street.

She stepped inside and greeted the librarian with a polite smile and nod then continued her way to the large vast shelves of books. She wore a simple peach tan sweater dress with a black belt around her waist, black leggings on with black flats. Her hair was loose, hanging on her shoulders.

She walked down the halls and stumbled across the romance section. Seeing the love sign, she cringed as usual at the image and quickly passed the hearfelt area into the suspense fiction section.

She walked down the shelved hall with her hands behind her back, trying to spot a cover that would catch her eye, possibly one of interest. Her phone buzzed in her purse catching her attention. She grabbed it out and checked her text messages to see one from G.

G - Hope you're having a better day. ;D

A small smile tugged her lips in reply, she texted back with a short chuckle.

Tamia - I am, thank you. How are you?

G - Better now that I'm talking to you.

Tamia found a small heat rising in her cheekbones, rolling her eyes playfully at his flirty comment.

Tamia - Yeah right, Playboy. What are you doing anyways? (-_-)

G - Chillin' in bed. Why?

Tamia - Funny. Didn't know you did regular things.

G - Hey, what's that supposed to mean? T-T

Tamia - Nothing you need to know of, but I appreciate your curiosity. :V

G - Well, what are you doing?

Tamia - It's boring.

G - That's fine.

Tamia - ... I'm at the public library.

G - Mind if I join you then?

Tamia - Sure. Just don't wear anything lavish, it's not work.

G - Roger. See ya' there.

Tamia - Mhm.

Tamia put her phone back in her purse and continued to look for books. Majority were from science fiction, mystery, suspense, and the horror section in which she chose a selection of books from that had the elements of despicable plot all in one.

Because she was picky, she had only chosen two so far. She wanted to read a book she'd be drawn to on the first page in which the introduction presented itself with a straightforward, blunt sort of truth in which could make her crack a smile every now and then.

She skimmed over a few more books and grabbed some from off the shelf before carrying the stack to a nearby reading section. She set them down on the table with a grunt.

She pulled a chair from under the table and sat down. She looked at the stacks of books with caution, grabbing the top one on the first stack.

The cover was set with black, white and red, titled: The Unfortunates by Kim Liggett.

She opened to the first page and began to read, cracking a grin every now and then at the blunt wording used to express the characters feelings and actions.

Although the humor was dark, she didn't mind it one bit. She was actually a fan of dark humor, just not in the way most people would imagine.

Tamia read the first four chapters in quite little time. She paused looking up from her book and turned it on the table spine upwards.