Jumped

(Please leave a vote on the chapter! Tysm for reading!!)

You were already active even after the party yesterday which had left most of the town at low function. You ran down the street and turned the corner into the market.

You collided into somebody else's head, causing you to fall back onto the ground. You groaned, getting fed up of being constantly hurt. You could swear the universe was trying to abuse you. You looked up and  saw a guy standing above you, clutching his head. He blinked a couple of times before looking down at you with a face of realisation.

"Oh sorry! I had no idea that you were on the ground!" He said, helping you up. "Don't worry about it." You said, brushing dirt off your shirt and pants.

You'd walk around town and feel a bit odd being the only female you'd seen without a skirt yet. "What is it with me running into guys." You muttered.

"Tough luck?" The guy guessed, overhearing your muttering. "I suppose." You said with a shrug. "Well bye." You said, but as you turned around another guy blocked your path. Unlike the other one he was tall and looked like he was definitely stronger than you.

"What the-" You started as the guy you'd ran into grabbed your arm from behind and pulled you back against him. "Not to seem pushy, but don't leave so soon." He said with a threatening tone.

You could easily say you were terrified but you still weren't an idiot. You threw your head backwards, hearing a crack as it smashed into the guys nose. The much taller guy stepped forward and grabbed you by your wrist to prevent you from hitting his friend again.

The other guy stumbled around, clutching his nose and whining. Suddenly you felt the grip from your wrist being released as the taller guy slumped to the ground in an unconscious heap.

You looked up and saw Camilo, holding a dented cooking pot in his hands. He dropped the pot and jumped over the guys body to you. "Who the hell were they?" You asked in shock as he took your wrists into his hands.

"Pretty sure the taller one is Arturo and the blonde one you took out is called Emiliano." Camilo said, breathless and breathing heavily, showing that he had been running. "They've always been sketchy but they've never gone this far."

You looked over at Emiliano who was running away to where Julieta was healing people in the market. You looked down at Arturo who was thankfully still knocked out. As you looked back up you noticed Camilo clutching your wrists protectively and your eyebrows went up.

"Want to come back to Casita with me?" Camilo asked and you shrugged, turning slightly red. "Will anybody else be home?" You asked and he raised an eyebrow. "Well if you really needed to know, Abuela and a few others should be there cleaning up after yesterday's party."

"Well okay I'll come." Camilo smiled and purposefully led you over Arturo's body instead of around it. You sighed in amusement and let him lead you back to Casita.

As you got closer you saw Mirabel walking into the house with Isabela, carrying empty baskets. "See, told you some people would be at home." Camilo said and you smiled slightly.

"And uh hey, I know you were probably, Totally Not Scared, back there.." Camilo said emphasising his lie, making you grin slightly. "But uh, I'm glad I found you before it could've gotten worse."

You smiled thankfully and slipped your wrist out of his grip by sliding your hand into it. "Thank you." You said. Camilo went a bit red and you raised your eyebrows in slight surprise. "No problem!" He said playing it cool. "I mean, if you weren't so set on avoiding my attention I might have thought you were faking being in trouble!"