Stay close to your enemies

(Okay so I have a headache and just spent 6 hours rotting in the sun so if I cut this chapter short don't be shitty about it.)

(Also enjoy the chapter and please leave a vote!!)

(And yes my mood can change that quickly.)

You looked at Carlos who was walking back towards you. Dolores' words were playing in your head and you felt terrible for Camilo. But if reading too much taught you one thing, it's to keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer.

Carlos stopped in front of you and grinned. You contemplated kissing him to make your act more believable but you decided against it for Camilo's sake. I mean you are taken.

You gave him a hug and smiled back up at him. "So what was that all about?" You asked innocently. "Just some merging about losing inspiration to create tulips." Carlos said and you pulled a teasing grin.

"Didn't Isabela say this was secret cousin stuff?" You asked. Carlos laughed guiltily, making you believe for a split second that he really was Camilo. He scratched behind his neck and shrugged. "I guess it's a cousin and cousins girlfriend things now!" He said.

You laughed with him and suddenly faked a cough. "Ouch my throat.." You said with what you thought was an impressive display. "It's okay I'll take you to Julieta!" Carlos said, taking you by the arm.

You smiled gratefully and he led you over to Julieta stall in the market. She noticed you coming over and waved. "What seems to be the issue?" She asked. "Sore throat." Carlos replied and you nodded, being a bit disappointed your plan to get Carlos back to Casita wasn't working.

"Oh here take this." Julieta said, handing you an arepa. You took it with a stiff smile and bit into it. "Thanks, I feel a lot better now." I said and Julieta smiled. Suddenly a man covered in cactuses came up.

"Really Señor Heridos?" Julieta said with a sigh. "Again?" The man shrugged and winced. "Lo siento señora Julieta." The man said as Julieta fed him a bite of food and started to pull out the cacti.

"Hey Camilo can we go back to Casita?" You asked and Carlos frowned slightly but shrugged. "Whatever you want Hermosa." He said and paused as he was about to take a step.

You pretended he hadn't used that word in his sentence, knowing he had realised he'd called me it before. "Well?" You said, turning around and beckoning him to follow you.

You laughed nervously and rushed up beside you. He grabbed your hand and you pursed your lips in the uncomfortable situation. You both chatted happily as you walked up to Casita, but of course you aren't really happy and you couldn't tell if Carlos was genuinely happy either.

Casita opened the doors and inside you noticed Dolores speaking quietly with Bruno. She turned around with a smile. "Hermanito!" She called, reaching her arms out to Carlos who looked like a trapped mouse in the situation.

He smiled awkwardly as Dolores hugged him. "So do you want to paint Tio Bruno's nails like we agreed the other day?" Dolores asked and you realised she'd thought of keeping her enemies close as well.

"Yeah... sure." Carlos said with a look of slight surprise. You tilted your head slightly with a frown, studying Carlos as Dolores les him over to Bruno who was holding a small bag which you supposed had the nail polish.

And Carlos looked... like this was a new experience to him completely. You could hardly begin to imagine what being all alone felt like but you could tell Carlos had never had anybody to spend time with.

"You watched with as the three sat down and Carlos took a small vial of nail polish from Dolores. They both started to paint Bruno's nails, Dolores' side was perfect whilst Carlos' was literally running up Bruno's arm.