You forgot about one thing

(Welcome to the chapter! Please remember to leave a vote and the prize for finding the cactus mans name is still open!)

(I neeeeed his name!!)

The sun shining through the window woke you up and you peered outside. The town was bustling with life already and you slid out of bed reluctantly.

You put on a plain white shirt with a pair of green shorts and slipped on a pair of brown sandals. You were about to open a portal when an insanely painful stabbing feeling invaded you.

You doubled over, with a cry of pain. You clutched your chest and looked up at yourself in the mirror to see your eyes had been completely consumed with darkness along with your body.

How could you have been so careless as to forget something so important! You opened a portal to downstairs and found Bruno in the courtyard with Camilo.

"I'm still offended about that." Bruno said and Camilo laughed nervously as your approached them shakily. They both turned to look at you and Bruno's jaw dropped.

Camilo ran forward, catching you in his arms as you stumbled over your own feet. "Y/n... your eyes." Camilo whispered as he lifted you up like a child.

"JULIIEEEETTTTAAAAA!" Bruno screamed. Julieta came running out of the kitchen with Isabela. She gasped at the sight of you huddled up in Camilo's arms.

She ran forward and turned your face towards her. Dolores suddenly ran in with Mariano from the front doors. "You said you'd get rid of it!" Dolores yelled, which was totally out of character for her.

You just shuddered slightly as dark whispers flitted around your mind like a disease. "Rid of what?" Julieta asked. Camilo's face became one of realisation as Dolores started to explain.

"A while ago a black hole opened up in Y/n's void between portals and instead of pulling her in she pulled it into her!" Dolores said breathlessly. "I can hear it whispering about it."

Camilo clutched you closer and your head fell back against his shoulder. "Will my food help her?" Julieta asked and Dolores shook her head.

Mariano put his hand on her shoulder and Dolores continued to talk. "It's nothing that can be fixed physically, the only thing we can do is go into Y/n's void between her portals and destroy the source of the darkness!" She said.

"I'll go in." Camilo said and Dolores shook her head firmly. "Y/n needs you here with her." She said and Camilo looked down at you.

You looked back up at him, just wanting to close your eyes and give up already. "I'll stay then." Camilo said with a small sigh.

"Who is going to go in?" Mariano asked looking extremely concerned. "Yeah and who is going in?" Julieta asked. "Personally, I choose to stay because if Y/n does get worse I'm the only one with medical knowledge." She added.

"Anyone willing to go that isn't needed here can go." Dolores said. "Encanto still needs most of our family so not many of us can go." Bruno gulped and shuffled a few steps back.

"It's okay Bruno, you don't have to go." Julieta said and Bruno let out a relieved breath. "I'll go." Isabela said firmly and Dolores shook her head. "Your needed here more than there, Adela will need you and your vines are the perfect way to pull out anybody in trouble." Dolores replied.

Isabela sighed, knowing that Dolores was right. "The people we can spare to go down there is Mirabel and anyone from the town that can help." Dolores said.

"I'll send out word." Isabela said, whisking herself away to find Mirabel. Carlos who had been watching from the second floor, cleared his throat.

"I'll go." He said. Dolores nodded and Camilo looked offended. "Oh so he gets to go!?" He whined and Carlos smirked. "When Isabela returns I have a fair guess as to who's going to be running back with her." Carlos said.