Better

(Hello my lovely readers! Thank you all so much for waiting whilst I got over my migraine!! I also highly recommend not getting one... I think that's obvious but just in case.)

(Anyways I hope you enjoy the chapter and please leave a vote!!!)

You and Camilo ran up to Casita to where Dolores, Mirabel and Carlos were. Camilo opened the door for you and you smiled gratefully. You both walked inside and Dolores poked her head out from the kitchen door.

She smiled and waved you over. "Julieta said we can make ourself whatever we want since we missed lunch!" Mirabel said, also poking her head out. "Also because Mirabel begged her." Dolores said with a smirk.

You and Camilo both grinned and walked into the kitchen. You saw Carlos holding a bowl full of ingredients with a smile. "Where did you two go?" he asked and you paused awkwardly.

"Y/n lost her pin so we went back and found it on the path." Camilo said, shooting Dolores a quick glance. Carlos looked down at the pin you had on your shirt with a small frown. "Yeah okay, glad you found it." He said.

"It wasn't too hard, the metal caught the sunlight and we could see it shining from ages away." Camilo said with a slight chuckle. You squeezed his hand thankfully and he smiled at you.

"Well what are we making?" You asked with a smile. "We had a little debate but in the end we decided to make arepas since they're Camilo's and Carlos' favourites!" Mirabel answered, walking over and looking into the bowl Carlos was holding.

"Sounds great!" Camilo said, running forward as Dolores glanced at you again. Carlos picked up a wooden spoon and started to mix the ingredients and Mirabel and Camilo watched with eager faces.

Dolores inched over to you and you smiled sadly. "I hear it whispering inside you." She whispered and your smile turned into a frown. "What do you mean?" You asked. "The darkness." She said quietly and you shot a glance at Camilo.

"I'll get rid of it." You replied in a whisper and Dolores nodded uncertainly. You both went over to the others. Mirabel was now mixing the ingredients and Camilo was trying to take it from her for a turn.

"You guys did these completely wrong." You said, looking down at the sad goop inside the bowl. Dolores nodded in agreement and Mirabel stopped mixing. "We did?" She asked.

"Well I've never cooked before so don't blame me." Carlos said. "You literally just gave us a reason to blame you." Camilo said holding out his hand in indication.

You laughed and took the bowl off Mirabel. "We'll have to throw this out and start again." You said and Mirabel, Camilo and Carlos all groaned. Dolores took the bowl off you and went over to the compost pile.

Hopefully they hadn't messed up so bad that even the ground rejected it. You took a clean bowl out of one of the cupboards and filled it up with water from the tap.

You put the bowl onto the counter and Camilo handed you the salt. Dolores walked over after putting the dirty bowl in the sink. Mirabel reluctantly went over to wash it and you started to let some salt dissolve into the water.

Dolores grabbed the white and the yellow masarepa off the counter and started to add it in slowly. You started to form the dough with your hands because unlike Carlos and Mirabel you preferred to do it how your Abuela did it by using her hands instead of a spoon.

When you'd created the dough you then fried the dough for a short amount of time until it formed properly. You took the dough and everyone rushed forward happily.

Mirabel wiped her hands on her skirt and you all took portions of the dough to shape into circles. Dolores got the stove top working and we all put on our dough.