Wrong time to propose

(Please leave a vote on the chapter and I hope you enjoy!)

It had been two weeks since Emiliano had stabbed his father and ran away off to who knows where. The Madrigals we're keeping Señor Juan, the father, at Casita in a spare room downstairs. You had come up to visit Mirabel and Camilo constantly.

You and Camilo had decided to wait for the right time to go dancing because of the unfortunate timing of Emiliano's violent actions. Dolores had been keeping an ear on Emiliano but she couldn't tell where he was. He'd apparently been muttering to himself a lot about random plots of revenge.

You and Camilo had just come back from the market, picking up some ingredients for Julieta who wanted to make empanadas later that night. You walked into the courtyard and spotted Bruno upstairs.

He looked down at you and waved. You smiled and waved back and so did Camilo. "Hey guys can I show you something!?" Bruno yelled from upstairs. "Yeah we'll be right up!" Camilo yelled back and you both climbed up the stairs to join Bruno.

He pulled a jade vision out of his ruana and held it out. You both peered at the vision and you frowned. "What does it mean?" You asked. Bruno pursed his lips before going ahead to explain.

"It's Emiliano." He said pointing to Emiliano who had a psychotic grin his face and Camilo nodded. "And that there is David with Y/n." Bruno said, pointing to two people tied to a wall far back in the vision. You rubbed your wrist uncomfortably and Camilo grabbed your hand with a worried expression. David was clearly crying at the scene before him and you were pulling against the ropes, your face stuck in a scream.

"And see this person here is Señor Juan." Bruno said pointing to a man lying face down in a dark puddle of what you supposed was blood. You looked to see a knife in Emiliano's hand and you grimaced. "So he's dead." Camilo said and you pursed your lips.

Next to Señor Juan's body Julieta was crouched over him and Camilo was standing behind her. "So pretty much Emiliano will kill his father." Camilo said and Bruno scratched the back of his neck.

"You know maybe this wasn't the best idea!" He said trying to turn away. "Bruno what aren't you telling us?" You asked, grabbing his arm to stop him from leaving. "Well I don't know if..." Bruno started but you locked eyes with him making him sigh.

He held out the vision again and tipped it to a different angle of light. Suddenly the vision changes showing Emiliano in the same position but a girl lying of the floor in the dark puddle. Camilo was crouched over her and Señor Juan was knocked back onto the ground behind the body. Julieta was trying to comfort Camilo and David was struggling against his bonds on the floor, his face frozen in an anguished cry.

"What's going on now?" You asked. "Well, either Señor Juan dies or you do." Bruno said and Camilo gripped your hand tighter, pulling you closer to his side. "That won't happen." Camilo said as the colour drained from your face.

"Typical visions." Bruno muttered, tucking the jade slab away again. "Thank you Bruno but Y/n will be just fine." Camilo said as you clutched to his sleeve for balance. "Be smart." Bruno said before standing there in awkward silence for a moment.

"Well bye." He said turning around and speed walking off. You watched as a strangely fat rat waddled after him. "Y/n?" Camilo said quietly. You turned to him with a blank expression.

"Are you okay?" He asked and you smiled slightly. "Don't worry Camilo I'm not sacrificing myself for Señor Juan anytime soon." You said with a weak laugh. "Hey maybe we should go for that dance." Camilo suggested and you nodded.

You both headed out of Casita and back to the town. You went into the market and to where a band was playing. There was a small series of people dancing to the music and Camilo extended his hand to you.