Two funerals one miracle

(Back with another chapter! Thank you all for reading so far! On my last book it took me 16 chapter to get to 40 reads so at least this is going better! Remember to leave a vote I love you all!!)

~Camilo's POV~

I sat at the edge of the river bank near the forest, hidden under the shade of a tree. Dry tear streaks were stuck on my cheeks and I didn't bother to scrub them away. I suddenly heard a crack behind me and turned to see David walking towards the river.

I quickly snuck up into the branches of the tree and watched as David took a bridge over to the other side of the river. He went into the forest and I jumped down from the tree and followed him in. I walked after him silently, making sure to avoid stepping on branch's when suddenly he started to run.

I dashed after him not bothering to be quiet anymore. He ran to a small abandoned shack and I ducked behind a tree trunk. I peered over and saw him standing at the edge of a huge hole in the floor of the shack.

Suddenly Emiliano stepped out from around the side of the shack and pushed David into the hole. I squinted to see better in the moonlight when I accidentally broke a twig underneath my foot. I covered my mouth a froze as Emiliano turned around, looking straight at me.

It seemed as though he hadn't noticed the fact I was there in the darkness of the shadows encasing me. He turned back around and jumped into the hole after David and I dashed away back to the river.

I ran all the way back to Casita and up into Julieta's room. I shook her awake and she squinted up at me. "Camilo what is it?" She whispered. "I think somebody is hurt down in the forest." I replied and she sat up. "Y/n?" She asked. "David." I told her and she nodded looking kind of proud.

"Give me five minutes to get dressed." She whispered and I nodded, leaving the room. Agustin who hadn't stirred during the whole thing let out a weird snore as I clicked the door shut. I went to stand at the edge of the railing and looked down to see Señor Juan standing down in the courtyard.

I frowned and slid down the banister of the stairs and walked over to him. "Why are you awake Señor?" I asked. "Camilo my son is gone from his room." He replied and I sighed. "Emiliano has him Señor but I'm about to go get him back." I said and he grabbed my arm.

"Let me come." He said. "I can't do that Señor." I said remembering Bruno's vision. "Please, I've been such a terrible father, let me do one right thing." He begged and I grimaced. "Fine but you do exactly as I say." I said and he nodded.

I heard the sounds of footsteps and turned to see Julieta descending the stairs. She signalled for us to go out the front doors as she walked into the kitchen. I led Señor Juan out the front door and a few moments later Julieta came out carrying a bag with a few arepas in it.

"Let's go." She said and I started to jog down to the forest. I brought them back to the small shack and held out my hand. "There's a hole inside we have to jump into to reach them." I whispered. "Señor Juan you stay here because it's too dangerous down there..." I started but Señor Juan had already ran forward and jumped into the hole. I swore under my breath and dragged Julieta into the hole after him. As I struggled to the surface I helped Julieta to the shore. I saw Señor Juan's figure running down a small passageway and I ran after him.

We emerged into a small room and the next part just all happened so fast. I was yelling at Señor Juan to stop when I noticed Y/n running towards us and David throwing himself onto the floor and Emiliano lunging forward with a knife. Y/n pushed Señor Juan out of the way and Julieta opened her bag with the food but the water had destroyed it all.