Chapter Two-Tessa

"Dad, cmon you promised we would go today!" I yelled. Of course, my dad was still asleep when we were supposed to go exploring in the woods. I've never left my village before. Dad always told me that their were bad things past the village, and he didn't want me getting hurt. But since the next day was my birthday, I convinced my dad to go for a walk in the Faron Woods with me.

But at that time, we were supposed to be living, and of course, he was asleep. "Dad!" I yelled, banging my fist on his door. Suddenly, the door opened. My dad stood at the doorway. He had on his simple black tunic and pants with brown boots, and he was waring a long brown cloak. He had his sword and shield in his back, and a bow and arrow.

"Well, you don't seem ready Tess, you do t even have your cloak on. Maybe we shouldn't go" dad said. "No! I'm getting it now!" I said. I ran to the door and put my cloak on. "See? All ready, now let's go!" I said. I was waring a grey tunic with tights and lace up boots that came up to my knees, and now I had a long black cloak around me.

Dad laughed and said, "alright, I'm coming." He walked as slow as he could to the front door. "Hurry up!" I yelled, agitated. Dad laughed loudly. I rolled my eyes. "Do we have to go?" He quietly asked. "Yes!" I yelled. He rolled his eyes and sighed. "The Faron Woods are dangerous, you might get hurt" he said with concern.

"Dad, I'll be fine. Cmon, all I want is to explore, I can't stay in this village for any longer!" I said. "What's wrong with Orden village?" He asked. I sighed as we walked out the door and climbed down the ladder. "Well, it's nice and all, but I've been here all my life, dad! I want to see what else is out there!" I said. Dad sighed. Suddenly, I slipped off the ladder.

I helped and fell from the top. Dad gasped and caught me. "Are you alright?" He asked with extreme worry in his voice. "Yeah, I'm ok" I said, jumping out of his arms. "Are you hurt? Did you twist and ankle? Did I hurt you when I caught you? Are. You-" "Dad! I'm ok, I promise!" I said, interrupting all the questions he was asking.

He stared at me with worry in his eyes. "Tessa, I don't think we should go today" he said. "What? Dad you promised!" I yelled angrily. "What if you fall like that in the woods, huh? I don't want you getting hurt, Tess!" He yelled. "Dad! This is all I want to do! I've always wanted to see what was beyond this village, and now is my chance! Dad, please!" I pleaded.

Dad sighed. He stared at me for a long time. "Your holding my hand the entire time, got it?" He said. I gasped with excitement and said, "got it!" I ran forward, excited to see the woods. "Tessa! What did I just say?!" Dad yelled. I sighed. I ran back to him and grabbed his hand. I pulled him forward to the woods.

"Whoa, slow down! I'm old, I can't move that fast!" He joked. "Dad, your 36, that's not very old" I said. He laughed. "Let's go!" I said. He sighed and said, "ok ok, fine." Together, we walked in the woods.