Chapter Twenty One-Link

I held my daughter close to me, relieved to see her. She was safe, and she was unhurt. Everything she had done to find me was brave, but I was a bit mad. I didn't want her to be hurt. And she had the master sword. She had gotten it because she was the Warrior Princess. Did she even know that she was the Warrior Princess?

"I thought you were dead" she said as she sobbed on my shoulder. I held her tighter and said, "no. I wouldn't die on you that easily, Tessa." She sobbed even more. She slowly pulled away and looked at me. I wiped away her tears and smiled. She smiled back. So I see you've obtained the master sword" I said. Tessa nodded.

I smiled and said, "I'm so proud of you, sweetheart. Your so strong." She smiled. "Dad...why didn't you tell me you were the Hero of Time?" She whispered. I lightly gasped. How did she find out? "I'm sorry, Tessa. It was too dangerous for you to know" I said. She looked up at me.

"People keep telling me I have a prophecy. What does that mean, dad? I don't understand" she said. She rested her head on my chest, and I wrapped my arms around her. I had to tell her. "I know what it means, Tess" I said. She looked up and asked, "you do?" I nodded.

Then, I to.d her the legend of the Warrior Princess. Then, I told her that she was the princess reborn. She took the information better than I expected. After I told her, she stared off into space, and their was a long silence.

"I've read about that legend before. It says that the Warrior Princess died" she said. I took a deep and shaky breath. "Your not going to die, Tessa. I promise" I said. She looked up at me and lightly smiled. "I understand now. Together, we must defeat Ganondorf" she said. I nodded.

Then, she lightly gasped. "W-what is it?" I asked. "I almost forgot!" She said. She looked up at me with wide eyes. "Dad...mom's here!" She said. I lightly gasped. "W-w-what?!" I stuttered out. "She's here! I rescued her from Hyrule castle! Come on, she's literally dying to see you!" Tessa said. She stood up, and so did I.

Tessa grabbed my hand and dragged me forward. After a minute or two, we reached the area where the master sword was again. Wow, I didn't know we were that far away from it! Standing there were three people. Midna, who was simply sitting on a tree branch, a boy about seventeen years old who I didn't recognize, and...her. Zelda. She was facing away from me, but I knew it was her.

Midna glanced at me. Then, she smiled impishly and snapped her fingers and disappeared. The boy looked around and spotted us. He jogged towards us. "Is that really him? The Hero of Time?" The boy asked. "I'll explain in a second. Come on, let's give them some alone time. It's been sixteen years" said Tessa. "Huh? Oh, right!" The boy said. Tessa winked at me, and the two of them walked away together.

I slowly walked towards her. I noticed that she was quietly playing her harp. She seemed to be paying full attention to the song she was playing, which was her lullaby. I used to play her lullaby for Tessa when she was a little girl. She had always loved it, and sometimes I still played it for her.

"Zelda" I quietly said. She stopped playing her harp. It fell to the ground. She quickly turned around and faced me. She gasped and clamped her hands over her mouth. Then, tears streamed down from her eyes. "L-Link!" She said. I smiled. A tear streamed down from my right eye. Then, I pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me and cried.

"I can't believe it! Your really here!" She said. I looked down at her, and she looked up at me. She was so beautiful, just like the last time I saw her. I cupped my hands on her cheeks. Then, our lips met.