Chapter Twelve-Link

I didn't know how long I was in the dungeon, and truly, I didn't want to know. It could have been hours, days, months, years. I laid on the dungeon floor, motionless. Depressed. I was worrying myself into depression.

Had Midna found Tessa yet? Was Tessa ok? Just thinking about the thoughts made a tear stream down my face. What if she wasn't ok? I sighed and rubbed my forehead. I trusted that Midna had found her, but what if it was too late? What if Tessa...what if she....?

Before I could finish the thought, the door to my dungeon opened. A Darknut guard had opened it. "Ganondorf requests your presence" he said. I sighed and stood up. I followed the Darknut through the castle.

I knew I could have escaped. The Darknut didn't even bother putting me in chains or ropes, just made me follow him.

He knew I wouldn't escape. It would risk my daughter's life. I couldn't do that. I would die before I put Tessa in danger. We arrived to the throne room. It was large, and dark, just like the rest of the castle.

"Ah, Link! I'm so glad you decided to join me here today!" Said a voice. Ganondorf sat on his throne, and he had an evil grin on his face. I crossed my arms and asked, "what do you want?" "Well Link, I need you to tell me something. If you cooperate with me, I may consider setting you free" Ganon said. I lightly sighed in frustration. "What do you want me to say?" I asked.

"I want you to tell me the exact location of your daughter. I know you know, so don't lie to me" he said.

"I don't know. She may or may not have left to come look for me" I said. Ganondorf stood up. "Alright then, Link. Tell me where your home is. You obviously have to be living somewhere" he said. I stared at him evilly.

"You think I'm going to tell you the location of my daughter? Your a fool! I'd rather rot in this dungeon before I risk my daughter's life" I said. Ganon laughed. "You could have gotten out of here, Link. I'll give you one last chance. Where is she?" He asked. I looked up at him.

"What do you want with her?!" I yelled angrily. Ganondorf laughed. "I already told you, Link. She has a prophecy, and I can't let her fulfill it. She must die" he said. I gritted my teeth and said, "she doesn't have a prophecy. She's a normal girl. Leave her alone!" Ganondorf laughed again.

"Link...have you heard of the legend of the Warrior Princess?" Ganon asked evilly. I glared at him. "Why is this relevant?!" I yelled. He laughed. "Well, have you?!" He demanded.

I had heard of the legend long ago, and I remembered it well, so I rudely responded, "yes." Ganondorf laughed and said, "the legend says that the Warrior Princess would take form of a simple human girl to defeat the evil king again." "I've never heard that part of the story in my life. Your a liar" I said. Ganon laughed and said, "but I'm not lying, Link."

He smiled evilly. "You see, I can't let the Warrior Princess defeat me again, so I must kill her" he said. I lightly gasped. Tessa. If Ganon wasn't lying about all of this, than Tessa....she...she was.....

"By the look on your face, I think you've guessed why I have to kill her" Ganon said. He lightly laughed. "It's not true. It can't be true!" I yelled. Ganon laughed and said, "but it is true, Link. Your daughter is the Warrior Princess reborn into a human." I shook my head in disbelief.

Tessa couldn't be her, she just couldn't! I was deathly afraid for one reason. In the legend, it said that the Warrior Princess died in battle with the Evil King. If Tessa was the Warrior Princess, than that means....she's...she's going to....

"It's not true! Your a liar! All you do is lie!" I screamed. Ganondorf laughed and said, "keep telling yourself that, Link. Guards, take him away." Two Darknuts took me back to the dungeon. As soon as I got in my cell, I curled up into a ball and tried not to cry.

Tessa was all I had left. I couldn't loose her. I clenched my eyes shut. If she would die...so would I.