Chapter Twenty-Tessa

I walked a little bit behind everyone else with my arms crossed. I looked down at the ground and kept my hood up, avoiding any eye contact with him. Aaron. I was pretty pissed off at him. First of all, he did sexually harass me. The way he held me when he revealed his identity....and how close he was to me....it didn't need to go that far. Now, I was pretty sure he was following me.

"Are you ok?" Said a voice. Aaron appeared next to me. "No. Go away" I said, not bothering to look at him. Their was a long silence. "I wanted to say...I'm sorry, Tessa" Aaron said. I glanced at him. God, he was so hot! But why did he have to be such an ass?!

"I..I shouldn't have done that...back at Telma's bar..." He said. "It's ok" I mumbled. He sighed. "Are you following me?" I asked. "Huh?" He said. I looked up at him. He was staring at me with his gorgeous green eyes. "I said, are you following me?" I demanded. "I..." He said. Then, he sighed and looked away.

"I knew it!" I said. "I'm sorry, ok? I had to!" He said. "Why?! You have absolutely no reason to follow me!" I yelled. "I do have a reason!" He yelled back. "Well, I'd surely like to hear!" I sarcastically yelled. "My job is to protect the royal family, Tessa. If I don't protect you, I'll fail at my job!" He said. "That's a load of crap" I said. "I'm telling the truth!" He said.

"Calm down! I bet Ganondorf can hear you all the way from his castle. You don't want our location exposed, do you?!" Midna yelled. I sighed. "I'm very sorry, ma'am" Aaron said. Midna glared at us, then turned around. Mom glanced at me with a sorrowful look. I sighed.

"Go home" I quietly said. "What?" Aaron asked. "I said, go home. Why are you wasting your time here when you can be home with your family?" I asked. "My parents died when I was young, and I have no siblings. I don't have a family to go home too" Aaron said. We were silent for a while. "I'm sorry I asked" I said. "You didn't know. And besides, I don't care about it anymore" he said. Their was another long silence.

I looked around the forest. I remembered walking around here with my dad. It all looked the same to me. Maybe if we didn't go so far, he would still be here. I sighed and looked down again. I missed him so much. Was he ok? Was he even alive?

"I truly am sorry though, Tessa" Aaron said, interrupting my thoughts. I nodded, showing that I had accepted his apology. He glanced at me, and I glanced back. What was he trying to do? He was acting a little....flirtatious.

"We're here" mom said. Aaron and I ran to catch up with mom and Midna. "So what do we do?" Midna asked. "Does anyone have an instrument?" Aaron asked. "I have my harp, why?" Mother asked. "Play your lullaby here, and a staircase will appear leading to the sacred realm" Aaron said. Mom nodded.

A harp appeared in her hands, and she played a beautiful tune. A tune I recognized very well. A staircase appeared. She stopped playing the song. "Dad used to play that for me when I was young" I quietly said. Mom looked at me and asked, "he did?" I nodded. She smiled and said, "that's because before you were born, I told him to play the song for you every night." I smiled back and said, "well, he did."

"Alright guys, we've really got to go" said Midna. We nodded. We walked down the staircase. We approached a cave. I followed mom, Midna and Aaron into it.

It was beautiful inside. Their were trees, springs, waterfalls, and birds chirping away. "Follow me, I know where the master sword is" mom said. We followed her through the sacred grove. It was so beautiful. I wanted to be there every day of my life. After an hour or two of walking, we came upon a large area in the sacred grove.

Their was a sword in a pedestal in the middle of the area. We walked slowly towards it. "There it is" said Midna. "Wow, it's been a while since I've seen it" said mom. "It's remarkable!" Said Aaron. I slowly walked towards the sword. It was beautiful, and it looked like a strong sword.

I gripped it tightly. Then, I pulled it out of its pedestal. I lifted it up in the air, and winds blew past me. A case for the sword appeared across my back. I swung the sword a few times, then put the sword in its case. It was surprisingly light in my hands, which was perfect for me.

"Whoa" Aaron whispered. I turned around and looked at the three of them. Aaron looked like he was too shocked for words. Midna was smiling impishly. Mother was smiling proudly at me. I smiled back. Then, I saw someone in the distance. It was a man. He was clothed in green. As he slowly moved closer, I saw his sandy blond hair and his face.

I gasped. It was my father! I ran past mom, Midna and Aaron. I heard mother lightly gasp. "Dad!" I yelled. "Tessa!" I heard him yell. I ran faster, and he ran towards me. "Dad!" I screamed. We were close, and I threw my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me, gripping me tightly.

I sobbed on his shoulder. After a few seconds, he cried a little as well. "It's ok Tessa, I'm here. I'm here" he said. I sobbed even more. "I was so scared. I thought you were dead!" I said as I cried. "No. I'd never die that easily on you, Tessa" he said. I sat there with him, crying on his shoulder.

He was back. He was really back! I was true,y happy. And I knew deep down, together we would defeat Ganondorf. Together, we were invincible.