Chapter Twenty Three-Tessa

I couldn't sleep. It was just something about the forest, and being away from home that kept me from falling asleep. I sighed and stood up. I walked over to the spirits spring and knelt down next to it. I put my fingers in the water, feeling a source of energy go throughout my body.

"Can't sleep?" Said a voice. Aaron crouched down next to me and lightly smiled. I nodded. I looked at my reflection through the shimmering water. My hair was messy, so I took my braid out and combed my hair with my fingers.

Through the reflection of the water, I saw that Aaron was staring at me. I glanced at him, and he looked away. Their was a long silence as I fixed my hair. "What do you think is going to happen tomorrow?" Aaron asked. I thought for a moment. "I think that we'll be successful in defeating Ganondorf" I responded. But I knew that wasn't entirely true.

The legend says that the Warrior Princess and the Hero of Time defeated the Demon King, but the Warrior Princess dies. I knew that I was going to die. Just knowing the fact that I would die the next day...it broke my heart. It rose my anxiety. I took a deep breath and looked at my reflection again.

"....are you alright?" Aaron asked. I took a deep breath and quickly nodded. "You don't look ok" he mumbled. I glanced at him. He was staring at me with a concerned look on his face.

I looked around at the empty forest. Midna laid against a tree, sleeping soundly. My parents were sleeping too, with their arms around each other. At least when I died, they would have each other. I watched them for a while. At least they would be happy together. They could be happy without me, I just knew it. As long as they were together, happiness would last forever.

"Hey...Tessa?" Aaron asked. I looked at him. "I...I really am sorry for before" he said. I smiled and said, "I know." He lightly smiled and looked at the water.

"Aaron" I whispered. He looked at me and said, "yeah?" "I...I'm not ok" I said. A tear streamed down from my eye. Why was I telling him this? He didn't need to hear about my emotions! "What's wrong?" He asked. "Aaron...if I'm really the Warrior Princess, I'm going to die" I quietly said.

Aaron smiled and said, "it'll be ok Tessa." "It's not like that, Aaron. The legend says that the Warrior Princess dies. If I'm her, I'm going to die in the final battle against Ganondorf" I said. Their was a long silence.

"You don't have to live the legend you know" Aaron said. I looked at him and said, "huh?" "Just because you died in the past, doesn't mean your going to die in the future. You are capable of living, Tessa. Just because the legend says that the Warrior Princess died, doesn't mean you are. Your not the same girl from the past, Tessa. You can relive the legend differently" Aaron said.

I lightly smiled, but I still felt a cringe of doubt inside. I felt like I was going to die. The written legend said so.

"It's written down" I mumbled. I looked at him and said, "it's a written prophecy." Aaron smiled and said, "well then, let's change the words." I lightly smiled and looked at my reflection in the water again. I ran my hand through it, and it faded away, just like my body would when I die.

Suddenly, I felt a hand lightly touch my shoulder. I lightly gasped. "Don't worry so much, Tessa. It's going to be ok" Aaron said. I smiled.

"Thanks, Aaron" I said. He smiled and nodded. I looked up at the sky. The Stars were out, and it was a beautiful night. "You should probably get some rest. Big day tomorrow" Aaron said. I nodded. I got up, and so did he. I found a spot and laid down on the ground. Suddenly, Aaron laid down next to me.

"Do you mind?" He asked. I shook my head. I laid on my back and stared at the stars. I looked at all the constellations, naming them and making out their shapes. Dad and I would always look at the stars at night, since they were so beautiful. "Beautiful, aren't they?" I said. "Yeah, I've never seen a night as clear as this" Aaron responded.

Suddenly, Aaron slowly took my hand. He interlaced his fingers with mine. I knew that I should pull my hand away and yell at him, but I didn't. Instead, I gripped my fingers around his,mans it was official. We laid there, holding hands and staring up at the sky.

When I first met Aaron, I loved him. Then, I hated him. But now....what was this feeling? So many mixed emotions were going throughout my brain. I closed my eyes, and after a few minutes, I fell asleep.