Chapter Fourteen-Tessa

I found a small, caged door in the ground, leading to the sewers. I looked around. Nobody from the bar had followed me, which was good. But deep down inside, I wished Aaron had followed me. He was so gorgeous, and the way he had his arm wrapped around me....and how close I was to him....I shook the thoughts away.

I opened the small door and looked down inside. It was dark, and I could barely see anything. I took a deep breath. Then, I jumped down the hole.

I landed on concrete ground. I was in a small hallway, and their was running water in the middle of it. The stench was horrible. I was definitely in the sewers. I slowly walked forward, getting my crossbow ready. Suddenly, I felt something move past my feet. Their were five small rats crawling around my feet. I screamed and ran away, not knowing where I was going.

I turned many corners and ran through many corridors, when suddenly something appeared in front of me.

It was an imp. She had flaming red and orange hair, and blue and black skin with slanted eyes and two large fangs sticking out of her mouth. I was so scared that I couldn't even scream. She stared at me for a moment with a shocked look, then smiled impishly. Ha, ironic.

"I've found you!" She said. I lightly gasped. I took a step back. "Your Tessa, aren't you?" She asked. "I-I-" I said. "Spit it out!" She yelled. I gasped and said, "yes, uh, how did you know I was Tessa?" I was scared. She looked strange! What if she killed me, or ate me alive? I started to shake.

"I know your father, he's a very close friend of mine. He sent me to find you" she said. I gasped. "You know my father?!" I asked. She nodded and said, "I was his companion when he saved Hyrule from Ganondorf many years ago." I nodded, showing I understood. "My name is Midna" she said. "H-hi" I said. She smiled. "Where is he?! Where's my dad?!" I asked.

Her eyes grew wide. "I...I can't tell you" she said. "What? Why?!" I yelled. "Because, you'll try to find him, and you'll get hurt. You'll possibly die" she said. I sighed. "Midna, I need to find him. Please, if he sent you to find me, he obviously wanted you to help me!" I said. Midna lightly gasped. Then, she nodded. "He's in Ganon's castle. But before we go, why are you here in the sewers?" She asked.

"I...I was going to find my mother. I've never met her, but...I think she needs my help" I said. "Oh! I...I can't help you with that, Tessa. I'm sorry, but Ganon made it forbidden for me to enter the castle. I'll wait for you outside the kingdom, ok?" She said. I nodded. Then, she faded away.

I looked around the sewers once more, than began walking again. After a few minutes, I approached a huge flight of spiral stairs. I slowly climbed them, holding the railings as I did. Their was an exit at the top. I walked through it, and I was at the top of Hyrule castle! It was beautiful, but I had no time to admire it.

I walked forward, which turned into a run. I turned many corners until I finally saw an open window in a tower. I jumped up and climbed through it. I was in the castle. I stood on another spiral staircase, leading up to a room. I slowly walked up them. Their were no guards around.

I got to the top, and their was a room. The large double doors that lead into it were locked. I pulled a bobby pin out of my hair and picked the lock, and the doors slid opened. I gripped my crossbow and slowly walked inside.

It was a big room for a dungeon. It had a window and a bed, but it was an old and dusty room. Their was also a door inside, which I assumed was a restroom. At first, I saw nobody in the room. I slowly walked around. Then, I looked out the window. Their was no way somebody could escape through it.

Then suddenly, I heard a gasp. I stood up straight, but didn't turn around. I didn't know who was behind me, but it sounded like a women, not a guard. But I didn't know who it was, and I didn't want to take any chances.

I clenched my eyes shut. Then, I gripped the throwing knife attacked to the strap on my leg. The suddenly, the women behind me said, "Tessa." She said it quietly, and she sounded like she was crying. I opened my eyes and lightly gasped.

I slowly turned my head around. Standing behind me was a women. She had long, brownish blonde hair and blue eyes. She looked about my father's age. She had pointed ears, and was dressed like a princess. She was the princess. She cupped her hands over her mouth, and tears streamed from her eyes.

I let go of the knife. It was her. It was Zelda. Quietly under my breath, I said, "mother." She gasped, and began to full out sob. I watched her for the longest time. I couldn't believe it. I was standing face to face with my mother.

My mother.