Chapter Three-Link

As we walked into the woods, all I could think of was how worried I was for my daughter. What if she got hurt? What if she slipped and fell again? What if a monster attacked her? I couldn't stop worrying. I gripped her hand as tightly as I could. She was looking around at everything in sight. The green trees, the birds chirping and flying, the vast green grass.

As I stared at her, all I could think of was Zelda. She was so much like her. She looked exactly like her, she had her eyes, her face, her facial expressions. But Tessa had my hair. It was a sandy blonde color, and it was long. She wore it in a braid that day. She looked like Zelda, but she had my spirit, which frightened me.

She was adventurous like me. She always wants to explore, and she was strong and free spirited. She wouldn't let anyone tell her what to do, except for me of course. She reminded me so much of myself that it gave me a headache. I didn't want her to be like me. I wanted her to be like her mother. Zelda was calm and quiet, I wished Tessa were like that sometimes.

I used to be very quiet and shy as well, but after I saved Hyrule, I opened myself up to the world. I had never told Tessa about me being the Hero of Time, or saving Hyrule from all destruction. I didn't want to tell her. She didn't need to know.

"This is amazing!" She said, breaking me from my thoughts. I smiled and said, "yeah, it really is." I looked around. I missed these woods. I couldn't let Tessa get to the forest temple, for I knew she would want to explore it. After I beat it, strange monsters made their home inside it throughout the years.

"Why would you think this place is dangerous? It seems so nice and peaceful" Tessa said. I sighed. "Long ago, it was filled with monsters and evil creatures" I said. Tessa sighed. "Well, it's not anymore!" She said. "It could be" I mumbled. "But it's not" she said. I sighed again. Tessa always had to be right. Like me.

She began to walk faster than me, and her hand released from mine. I ran a few steps ahed of her and took her hand. "What did I say? Don't let go of my hand!" I said. I admit, I was extremely overprotective of my daughter. After what happened almost sixteen years ago, I refused to let go of her, to loose sight of her.

She grunted, and I gripped her hand. "Stay close to me" I said. "I kind of have to if I'm holding your hand" she mumbled. I smiled and said, "I just want you to stay safe. You know that, don't you?" She nodded and smiled, looking around the forest.

We came upon the spirits spring, which held the spirit of Faron Woods, who's name was Faron. "It looks just like the one in Orden village" Tessa said. "It is. It's another spirits spring" I responded. Tessa walked over to it, still holding my hand, so I was forced to walk to the spirits spring with her.

She kneeled down and ran her hand through the water. I smiled as I watched her. "I didn't know that their were more than one Spirit Springs" Tessa said. "Theirs four in all" I said. She gasped and stood up. "Take me to them!" She said. I shook my head. "Their beyond the forest. It's too dangerous to see them" I said.

Tessa sighed. She looked disappointed. She looked around at the spring for a little bit longer. Suddenly, I heard something rustling through the trees. I looked over and squinted. Suddenly, shadows radiated from the trees.

"Tess....we have to go" I said quietly. "What? Cmon dad, we just got here!" She said a little too loudly. I unsheathed my sword and gripped it in my hand. "...dad?" Tessa said. She looked in my direction and saw the shadows. "Do you know your way home?" I quietly asked.

"I'm not leaving without you" Tessa said. "Tess, listen to me. Go home, and I'll deal with this" I said. "Dad!" Tessa said. She shadows crawled closer to us. "Tess, go! Now!" I demanded. "No!" She said.

Suddenly, the shadows rose up and formed into a man. Ganondorf.