Chapter Fifteen-Link

I stood face to face with Ganondorf, about to fight in a life or death battle. Then suddenly, Tessa appeared next to me. "Don't do this, dad! I need you!" She said. "...Tess..." I said. She threw her arms around me and said, "you can't die on me, dad! I need you!" She put her head on my shoulder and sobbed.

I looked around. I wasn't face to face with Ganon anymore. I didn't know where I was, but the sky was shite and the grass was green. I wrapped my arms around my daughter, pulling her closer to me.

"I would never die on you, Tessa. I'm just worried about you dying on me" I quietly said. She cried even more. Then suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head around. Tessa disappeared, and I lightly gasped. I turned around all the way, shocked at what I saw.

Zelda stood in front of me with a light smile on her face. She took a few steps closer to me and cupped her hands on my cheeks. "I'm so proud of you" she quietly said with a big smile. I put my arms around her and said, "....Zelda..." She smiled and said, "you're a wonderful father, Link. And I know someday, we'll be together again. But for now, we have to get through all this chaos."

I smiled and nodded. I leaned in close to her. Our lips were about to meet, when suddenly the world shifted. I was in Hyrule field. The winds were blowing massively, and I couldn't see anything far away.

Suddenly, I heard Tessa yell, "Dad!" "Tessa!" I yelled. I ran forward, but the wind pushed me back. "Tessa!" I yelled, but the wind carried my voice away. "Dad!" She yelled. I couldn't yell, and I couldn't move. I stood there, struggling to find my daughter. Then finally, the wind carried me away.

*****

I woke up from the dream with a loud gasp that came out of my mouth. I sat up and rubbed my neck, since it was stiff from laying in the cold, hard floor.

"It's just a dream" I quietly said to myself. I sighed. I looked around the dungeon and sighed again. I would find Tessa, and I would defeat Ganon.

I wouldn't let anything hold me back from my daughter, not even the wind from my dream. I would find her and make sure she would never cross paths with Ganon, that way she could live.

No matter what happened, I wouldn't let her die.