Chapter Eight-Tessa

I made my way back to Orden village and told everyone what had happened. I cried as I told them, worrying for my father. When I was done talking, their was a long silence. "I...I have to find him" I said. "No Tess, it's too dangerous" said Fado. "Your better off staying here, honey" said Ilia.

I stared at them. "So you just expect me to let my dad suffer?!" I demanded. Ilia and a few others gasped. "No! I refuse to let that happen! I have to find him!" I yelled. I ran out of the big house in the village.

"Tessa, wait!" I heard Fado yell. But I didn't listen. I ran past the village and up the ladder into my house. I slammed the door shut. Then, I changed into my black leather pants and feminine looking green tunics with the brown belt around it and my lace up brown boots. I noticed something laying on the table.

It was my green hat. It was identical to the one my dad used to ware before he was captured. He had gotten it for me on my fifteenth birthday, and I had worn it almost every day since. I put my hair in a fish tale braid, then put the hat on my head.

"Tessa" said a voice. I turned around to see Ilia standing at the front door. "You can't stop me" I said. She smiled and said, "I know."

I stared at her. "I know I can't stop you, Tess. You have your father's spirit" she said. I sighed and looked in the mirror. I pushed a strand of my sandy blonde hair out of my face.

"Tess....did your dad ever tell you about the legend of the Hero of Time?" Ilia asked. I turned around and looked at her. "Yeah, he told me the story when I was a kid. Why does it matter?" I asked. Ilia sighed. "You know the legend is real?" Ilia asked. I nodded and said, "of course."

Why was this relevant? "That man who captured your dad, Ganondorf...he's the evil Demon King that took over Hyrule. And your dad....he's the Hero of Time, Tessa" Ilia said.

I stared at her for a long time. Then, I laughed. Ilia looked surprised. "This is ridiculous, Ilia. And it's not funny" I said. "I'm telling the truth!" Ilia said. I sighed and glared at her. "Stop lying, Ilia!" I said. "Tess, I'm serious!" Ilia said.

I looked into her eyes. She didn't look like she was joking, but....it couldn't be true. No,most not true. But the way my father stood in front of me...and Ganon said that he knew him....oh my gosh. It's true. He's the Hero of Time. "But...how?" I asked. Ilia sighed.

"He thought it was too dangerous to tell you. But Tessa, this man, Ganondorf, he's too powerful for you to try and find your father. He's obviously keeping him captive. If you go....your going to die" she said.

I stared at her for a while. "That's a risk I'm willing to take" I said. I picked up my crossbow and arrows. I began walking out the door. "Tessa, wait" Ilia said. "You can't stop me" I said. I climbed down the ladder, and began walking towards the woods. "Tessa, I need to tell you about your mother!" Ilia said.

I stopped walking. I turned around. She had already climbed down the ladder, and she was walking towards me.

"I know she's dead" I said. "....she's not" Ilia said. I stared at her. "Your lying about this one" I said. Ilia slowly shook her head. "This is a lot of information to take in, and it's going to be shocking and very hard on you" she said.

I stared at her. Dad had never talked about my mother. Every time I've asked him about her, he would stare off into space for a while, then change the conversation. One time when I asked, a tear fell from his eye. That was the last time I asked. I never wanted to see my dad cry again. I assumed she was dead. Well, obviously I was wrong.

"When your father saved Hyrule from Ganondorf....he grew very close to the Princess, Zelda" Ilia said. "No way" I blurted out. No. Oh no, this is a lie. No way.

"They were married in secret. They ran away from Hyrule castle and lived in a small house at lake Hylia for a long time. But they knew the Hyrulian guards were looking for them. Soon, they finally found them. But when they found them, they saw that Zelda was pregnant. So the king let your father and mother stay together until they had the child, which is you. Then, the king of Hyrule kicked you and Link out of the kingdom, forbidding you both to come back" Ilia said.

I was too shocked to speak. I stared at Ilia in disbelief. "It may seem shocking...but it's true. I swear it" she said. "So...I'm...I'm a....a princess?" I asked. Ilia laughed a little and said, "yeah, I guess so, your highness."

"Don't call me that!" I yelled. Ilia lightly gasped. I sighed. Then, an idea formed in my head. I could find my mother.

I would go to Hyrule castle, and together we would find my father. Yes, it was a great plan! "Thanks for telling me, Ilia, but I have to go now. I'll see you...sometime" I said. Before she could respond, I ran into the woods.