Chapter Seven-Zelda

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The skies were pitch black. The winds were massively strong. Lightning struck the ground. And outside on Hyrule field, my army was fighting Ganondorf's. He came back from the dead, and he was attacking Hyrule once more.

I was running around the castle, helping more Knights prepare for battle, when my father approached me. "What are you doing? Your supposed to be hiding!" He yelled. "I must help my kingdom!" I said. Anger filled throughout his eyes. Oh no. I would be punished for that later.

"When I tell you to hide...you hide" he said. The tone of his voice frightened me, but I didn't let it show.

I stared at my father evilly. "I'm 35 years old. It's time you stop telling me what I can and can't do. Last time his happened, I surrendered like a coward. This time, I'm going to fight, even if it means releasing my last breath!" I yelled.

My father looked like he was about to explode in anger. Then suddenly, he slapped me across the face. I gasped in pain. "You will listen to me!" He screamed. He raised his hand, ready to slap me again. But when he was about to, I grabbed his hand, stopping it from hitting my cheek.

I threw his hand away from me. He winced in pain, then looked at me in anger. Suddenly, I heard someone say, "Zelda!" I turned around to see Impa, my attendant, running towards me. Impa was the closest thing to a mother that I've ever had.

"Zelda, Ganon has raided the castle. You must escape immediately!" She said. "No! I have to fight for my kingdom!" I said. "Zelda, just listen to me!" Impa insisted. "No! She's staying here, that's the end of the conversation!" Said my father. "Your highness! She needs to get out of here!" Impa said.

Father glared at Impa. She lightly gasped. I knew she was right. I had to get out of here. But why was father insisting that I stay? Did he want me to fall to my death?

"No...I'm leaving. If you want to live...you'll come with me" I said strongly. Fathers eyes grew wide in anger. I took Impa's hand, and we ran down the hall. "Get back here this instant!" I heard my father yell.

Impa and I didn't stop running. We made it to the stables, and I got on my horse, Midnight. Together, we rode far away from castle town.

"Where do we go?!" I asked through the wind. "We'll stay at Lake Hylia for now, maybe the Zoras can help us" Impa said. I nodded. Together, we rode to Lake Hylia, leaving my kingdom behind.

I felt hopeless. I knew I should have fought for my kingdom, but instead I fled like a coward. A coward.

I am a coward.