Chapter Twenty Four-Link

When I woke up in the morning, everyone else was already awake. Zelda, Tessa, Midna, and Aaron were sitting in a circle, eating food. "Well, thanks for waking me up" I said. I cracked a smile. "Good morning!" Said Zelda. "Sorry dad, we didn't want to wake you. You looked so peaceful...." said Tessa. "Nah, it's alright" I said. I walked over to the group and sat next to Zelda and Tessa.

On the other side of Tessa was Aaron. I glanced at them, and something caught my attention. My eyes grew wide in shock and anger. They...they were....holding hands!!! Oh no, not my daughter! I didn't even know the boy! I hadn't even done a background check yet!

I was about to yell at Tessa, but Zelda clamped my mouth shut and said, "shh." She looked at them and smiled. "Just let them" she whispered. I shook my head. Tessa glanced towards me. She looked weirded out, since Zelda's hand was clamped over my mouth.

"Uhh, mom? What are you doing? Tessa asked. "Oh, nothing" Zelda said with a sweet smile. "....you sure?" Tessa asked. "Oh, I'm sure honey. It just...sometimes your father has to keep his thoughts to himself" Zelda said. Tessa stared at us for a minute, then looked away.

I moved Zelda's hand from my mouth and said, "we should get going, guys." Everyone nodded and stood up. After a minute or two, we began our way towards Ganondorf's castle.

It took a long time until we finally got there. I hadn't seen the castle from outside, since when I escaped, I wasn't paying much attention to it.

It was big, but not as big as Hyrule castle. Let's just say, it was fit for an evil king to live in. "We won't have to sneak our way in, he'll be expecting us" said Zelda. I nodded. Tessa took a deep breath. "It'll be ok, Tessa" I said with a smile. She smiled back and nodded.

Together, we walked in the castle, not looking behind us. I only had one regret as I walked inside. That regret was Tessa. I didn't want to bring her, or to let her fight Ganon. But she had to.

It was written in a prophecy.