Chapter Nine-Link

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find a way to escape the dungeons. Their were no secret openings, nothing I could use to pick the lock, and I had no weapons with me. I didn't know how long I was in there, and I did t want to know.

I tried to use the power of the triforce of courage to open the lock, but it wouldn't budge. I was stuck there.

I sighed and looked around the dungeon. Their had to be a way to get out of here! Suddenly, I heard an impish laugh. I lightly gasped and looked around the room. I knew that laugh way too well. It was so familiar that I couldn't believe that I had heard it.

"Well, it looks like your in a little bit of trouble" said a voice. I gasped and looked at the bared doors. An impish creature stood there, smiling evilly at me.

Midna.

"...Midna?" I said. She laughed and said, "it's been a while, Link." She snapped her fingers, and the doors opened. I slowly walked out. She floated up and faced me. "How are you here?" I asked.

"I found a way to warp here" she said. "....your" I said. "I know, I'm an imp again. Ganon turned me back into one" she said. I sighed and said, "I'm sorry." She smiled and said, "take my hand now, if you want to get out of here."

I smiled. She held out her hand, and I took it. Together, we warped away. We appeared in Hyrule field. "Where were we?" I asked. "Ganon's castle. It's a pretty scary place, if you ask me" she said.

I sighed and looked around. "I have to get back to Orden village" I said. "Why? We have to save Hyrule from Ganon! That's why I came back here, Link!" Midna said, sounding annoyed. "No, I have something to do first. I need to find her. She may have left already!" I said.

"Huh? Who?" Midna asked. I sighed and said, "Tessa" quietly. "Ooh, who's Tessa? Your new girlfriend?" Midna asked. "No. My daughter" I said. Midna gasped. "Oh, Link! You have a daughter?! How sweet is that?!" She said. "Midna, theirs no time! I need you to warp me to Ordon!" I yelled. "Ok, ok! Geez!" Midna said. She held her hand out. But before I could grab it, something reached from the ground and grabbed me.

It was a hand. It came from the ground and grabbed my arm. It was black and skinny, but its grip was tight. Shadows radiated from it.

I yelled as another one grabbed my leg, and another around my waste. Soon, more and more grabbed me. Midna was dodging them by floating in the air. "Link! These hands are dark magic from Ganon! I...I can't do anything to help! I can't warp, and their impossible to fight off!" She said.

I yelled in pain as they grabbed me. Midna was screaming my name. Then, a thought came to me.

"Midna, I need you to do something for me!" I said. "Anything!" She responded. "Find my daughter. Make sure she's safe" I said. "Link...I...what does she look like?" Midna asked. I looked up at her as a hand grabbed my shoulder, sinking me down to the ground. "She looks like Zelda" I said.

Midna gasped. "Link! Is...is she....?" I nodded. Midna gasped again. "Midna, all those years ago, I did a lot of favors for you. Now, I need you to do this one thing for me" I said.

"I....alright. How old is she?" Midna asked. "She's sixteen today. Tell her happy birthday, and tell her I love her so much" I said. Midna nodded. She was crying. "I promise I will!" She said. I smiled.

The shadows consumed me. I heard Midna scream my name one more time. Then, I appeared back in Ganon's dungeon.