Chapter Eleven-Tessa

Hyrule field was one of the most beautiful places that I had ever seen. As I walked around, I forgot everything that I was supposed to be doing. It was that mesmerizing. But soon, I remembered what I was here for, and I got down to business.

In the distance, I saw Hyrule castle. Even from a distance, I knew it was huge. But, it had a dark cloud over it, and lightning was hitting the ground. Great. So Ganondorf had gotten to the castle.

I realized that I was traveling in the forest all night. I kept getting lost, but eventually found my way into Hyrule field. I couldn't get lost, my dads life depended on my decisions.

I had no idea where he was, but I knew I had to get to Hyrule castle and find my mother. She could help me find my dad. And by the looks of the castle, she might be in trouble too. But as I traveled to the castle, I began to second guess myself.

What if she didn't remember me? What if she was so depressed about what happened when I was born that she didn't want to see me? What if she wasn't depressed about anything, and she just didn't want to see me in general? What if she was glad that I was out of her life?

I shook the thoughts away. No matter what she thought, she had to help me find my dad. If she didn't love me, she still loved him no matter what.

Their didn't seem to be any monsters roaming in Hyrule field, so I felt safe walking without holding my weapons. As I walked towards the castle, I looked around at everything in sight.

The grass was a beautiful green, and the sky was blue, except for the dark cloud over Hyrule castle. It was a beautiful place. I never knew why my father never took me here. He would never let me Ordon village. I never got to see Lake Hylia, Death Mountain, Kakariko Village, or anything past Ordon.

Maybe when I saved him, we could see the world together, and with my mother along side. Yes, that is all I wanted. A happy family. Two parents. A mother.

I was walking for a long time, maybe three hours until I finally made it to castle town. It was huge. I walked across a bridge and into the town, putting the hood of my cloak up so nobody would see my face. I had no clue what my mother looked like, but she could have looked a lot like me, so I wanted to be careful.

I walked into castle town slowly. Their were people walking around, selling things, and having conversations. Children played. Homeless begged for money. It seemed normal to them, like their wasn't a dark cloud of evil covering their castle.

But up near the castle, I saw something horrific. Riots. They were violent, and people were screaming and demanding they be let in the castle, but two large guards were blocking the gate to the castle. Dad had shown me a picture of guards like that before. They were called Darknuts.

I sighed in frustration. How was I supposed to get to the castle now? I couldn't join the riots, and their didn't seem to be another way into the castle.

I looked around and saw a dark alley. I walked down it, trying my best not to grab anyone's attention. Their seemed to be no one in the alley. I walked down a flight of stairs, and suddenly heard a noise. "Meow" it said. I looked down to see a white cat staring up at me. She looked old and tired.

I looked around and saw a door leading to a bar. The owner of the cat must have been in there. If I went in the bar, maybe I could get some information about the castle. I picked up the cat and walked inside the bar.

It was dark and a bit small. Their was a large bar, and a small table with three people sitting at it. Their was also a women at the bar, who was the bartender. She had dark skin, and she had a big grin on her face.

"Why hello there, dear! What can I do for you today?" She asked. "Oh, I found this cat outside, and I was wondering who it belonged to" I said, keeping my head down even though my hood was up. "Oh, that's mine dear, thank you very much! You can just set her down" the lady said. I nodded and set the cat down.

"I was also wondering...could you tell me a little bit about castle town? I'm new here, and nobody seems to be helping me" I said. "Well of course dear! Sit down! My name is Telma. What do you need, honey?" She asked. I sat at the bar. "Why are their riots near the castle gates?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

Telma sighed. "You've heard what happened...right?" She asked. "About the Demon King, yes. Is that why?" I asked. Telma nodded. "These people here are called the resistance. They try to stop the evil King without starting riots. Their warriors. The riots are from the people of castle town" Telma said, nodding her head towards the people at the table.

"Their names are Shad, Ashei, and Auru. Auru doesn't do much with the resistance anymore, he's a bit too old. They were apart of the resistance the last time Ganondorf took over as well" Telma said.

"Thanks. Are the gates really the only way to get into the castle?" I asked. "I think so honey. If their were another way in, their would be riots by it" Telma said. "Oh" I responded. "Well, their is one other way" said a voice. The man at the table stood up. He had flaming red hair, and he looked like a scholarly fellow. He had a British accent, and he held many books in his hands.

"Don't tell her, Shad! She might be a spy for Ganon!" Said the girl at the table. She had long black hair and wore feminine armor. Both of them looked about my father's age. "She's not a spy, Ashei" said Shad.

"Well then, why is she waring her hood like that? She could be one of Ganon's followers!" Ashei insisted. "I-I'm not!" I said angrily. "Well how am I supposed to know that?! You could be ambushing us!" Ashei insisted. "S-stop! I've never even been to castle town until today!" I yelled. "That doesn't mean anything! You could be a guard at his castle in the desert!" Ashei yelled. "That's enough!" Said a voice.

A boy about the age of seventeen stood at the doorway to the bar. He had brown hair tied back in a ponytail, and he wore armor and a long blue cape that touched the ground. He had the most beautiful green eyes that I had ever seen. As soon as I looked at him, I fell in love.

"Aaron! I didn't know you'd be back so soon! Sit down honey, have a drink" Telma said kindly. "No thank you, Telma. Maybe later. I could hear you guys arguing from outside. What the hell is going on?!" Aaron said.

"This girl came in here and asked Telma about the riots, and if theirs another way into the castle. She works for Ganondorf!" Ashei said. "I don't! I swear!" I yelled defensively. "See the way she wares her hood, Aaron? She's hiding her face, because she works for him!" Ashei yelled.

The boy, Aaron, stared at me for a long time. "I-I'm leaving. Thanks for the help" I said to Telma. Telma nodded, but she had a worried look on her face. I began walking towards the door. But suddenly, Aaron jumped in front of me. He wrapped his arm around my waste, and he pulled down my hood. I screamed. I tried to free myself from his grasp, but it was too strong. And it was too late. My face was revealed.

Aaron lightly gasped. Auru stood up in shock. Telma gasped as well, and Shad and Ashei were too shocked to say anything.

"You....your..." Aaron said. His arm was still wrapped tightly around my waste. And I was close to him, uncomfortably close. I pulled away, surprised that he let go of his grasp around me. "I..." I said. Everyone was staring at me. I looked at Shad. "I...I need you to tell me the other way into the castle!" I said.

"Uh...the sewers! The sewers lead to the castle" Shad said. I nodded. "Th-thanks" I said. "....your Tessa, aren't you?" Aaron asked. I gasped and turned to him. "I assumed you were, since you look exactly like her, like Zelda. Your mother" he said. "You know my mother?" I asked. Aaron nodded. "Yeah, I was a guard at Hyrule castle before Ganon took over. Then I joined the resistance" he said.

I stared at him for a while before saying, "I...I need to go." I put my hood up and ran out of the bar. "Wait!" I heard Aaron yell, but instead of responding, I ran. I ran far away from the small bar.