Chapter Twenty Six-Tessa

Ganondorf laughed as dad, Midna, Aaron and I tried to fight him. Even with four people up against him, he was extremely hard to defeat. And most of the time, he was aiming all his attacks at me.

I dodged them easily, since he was slow. I could understand why he was slow, for he had a lot of heavy armor on. Dad kept attacking him, but he almost ignored his attacks. Ganon's full attention was on me. Midna used the powers of the twilight, and Aaron used powerful sword attacks. Most of the time, I was just trying to dodge Ganondorf's attacks that were aimed at me.

After about five minutes of fighting, Ganondorf finally took his attention off of me, which gave me the opportunity of attacking. He charged towards dad, and I charged towards him with a loud battle cry. I stabbed the master sword through Ganon's chest. He yelled in pain.

I pulled the sword out from his body. He laughed. I lightly gasped. He wasn't finished?! How?! He lifted his giant blade and charged towards me. I was about to dodge his attack, but I was a little bit too late. He was running faster than before. His huge, black sword went through my stomach.

I faintly herd dad scream my name in agony. I couldn't scream. No words came out of my mouth. I simply stood in place and stared at the sword that was through my stomach. Blood sealed around my shirt and dripped to the floor. I lightly gasped. The pain. It was so horrible that it made me speechless.

I couldn't stand anymore. I collapsed on my knees. My dad screamed my name again. Then, I felt the sword pull out from my stomach. I gasped at the pain. I herd Ganon's taunting laugh. My mother screamed. My dad made a battle cry, and through my blurry vision, I saw that he had picked up the master sword and had charged towards Ganondorf in anger.

I was about to collapse to the ground. As I did, someone caught me. I looked up to see Aaron. He held me in his arms, looking down at me. Then, he had a few tears stream down his eyes. He was crying? Why? "Tessa..." He said. More tears came. I lightly smiled and said, "it's...ok. This was meant...to...happen." He shook his head, more tears coming.

"I swore to myself I wouldn't let you die. I swore it!" He said. He sobbed. Weakly, I lifted up my hand and placed it lightly on his cheek, wiping away his tears with my thumb. "Don't...cry" I said. He nodded and wiped the tears away. Then, he placed his hand over mine.

"Tessa...please...don't die..." He said. He started to cry again. He held me closer and lightly kissed my forehead. I smiled. Then, my vision began to blur. "Tessa" Aaron said. I didn't have the strength to respond. I slowly closed my eyes. "Tessa!" Aaron screamed. I couldn't move. "Don't go! Don't leave me! I love you!" He screamed. He...loved me? I couldn't say it back. I couldn't tell him I loved him. I was gone. I couldn't see anything. I faintly heard him screaming, but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

I couldn't hear anything. I only saw black. I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. Then suddenly, I herd a loud voice say, "get up, Tessa." It was the man who taught me the hidden skills. The golden wolf! "Get up I say!" He said.

Suddenly, the world shifted around me. I was in my house in Ordon village. Dad was there, he was sitting at the dinner table, laughing with the rest of the villagers. Boe, Russell, Collin, Ilia, and many more. My mom was there too. She was cooking dinner, laughing as well. Midna sat at the kitchen counter, smiling impishly at the conversations.

And then their was Aaron. He was leaning against the wall, smiling towards the people at the table. I was sitting on the couch, laying down peacefully. It was nice to watch everyone laugh and have fun. I sat up and smiled. "Get up, Tessa!" Said the golden wolf. I looked out the window. There he was, standing there. He was staring at me. "Get up! Go help your father and mother! Go help Midna, and Aaron!" He said.

I looked at Aaron. He had that sexy smile, and he basically looked perfect. "He's right there" I said. "No! This isn't real, Tessa! Get back to reality!" He said. Aaron looked at me. His smile faded for a split second, then it came back. He slowly walked towards me. "Your mind is playing tricks on you, Tessa! Get back to reality!" The wolf man said. Aaron sat down next to me. He lightly pushed my hair back and put his hand in my cheek. I smiled, and so did he.

"Get up!" The wolf man said. "Hey, Aaron! She's with me!" My dad yelled. The whole table of people laughed, including myself, Aaron, and my mother. Midna simply smiled and shook her head in amusement.

"Don't worry sir, I'll take extra good care of her" Aaron said. He looked at me and smiled. "You better! That's my little girl right there!" Dad said. Everyone laughed again. Then, Aaron wrapped his arm around me. He slowly leaned forward, and our lips met. I closed my eyes. Everyone hollered and cheered.

"Tessa, your family is in trouble!" The wolf man yelled. I looked towards the window. The wolf man's hands were on the glass. He pounded the glass with his fist. Aaron kissed my cheek, then my head, then my lips.

"Tessa...do you remember the story your father used to tell you? The one about the brace hero?" The wolf man asked. Aaron got up and walked towards the table, motioning for me to follow him. "Yeah...why?" I whispered, still smiling at Aaron. "Do you remember what happened in the story?" He asked.

Then, reality struck. I looked towards the window. "The man never gave up on his family" I said. "That's right. If you stay here, Tessa, your giving up on your family. I can help you with the wound in your stomach. You'll be ok when you wake up. Don't stay here, Tessa. Get up! Fight!" The wolf man said courageously.

I glanced towards Aaron and my family. Then, I looked back at the wolf man. I stood up. Winds swept around me. Aaron, dad, Midna, mom, and the villagers all disappeared. So did the house and everything in it. "I'll get up. I'll fight. I'll make this prophecy new! I'm the Warrior Princess, and I won't fail on my family and my loved ones!" I yelled.

The wolf man smiled. He held out his hand. Without hesitation, I took it. I clamped my eyes shut.

When I opened them, I was back in Ganon's castle. I was in Aaron's arms. He was sobbing and holding me close. My wound was healed. My mother laid next to Aaron, sobbing. Then, she looked at me. She gasped. "Tessa!" She said. Aaron lightly gasped and looked at me. My eyes were wide open.

"T-Tess!" Aaron said. I slowly sat up. "How....?" My mother said. She had tears of happiness running down her face. I smiled. "You guys don't really think I'd die on you that easily, did you?" I asked. Mom laughed in delight, then sobbed. Aaron looked at me and smiled in relief. His face was stained with tears.

A single tear came from his eye. I put my hand on his cheek and wiped it away. Then, he wrapped his arms around me, and our lips met. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around him, letting the moment last. After a minute or two, our lips parted. We stared at each other for a while.

Then, I glanced around the room. Dad, Midna and Ganondorf were nowhere to be seen. "Where are they?" I asked. "They were transported to Hyrule field" mom said. I stood up. "Well, we can't fight them alone, now can we?" I asked. Mom smiled. She and Aaron stood up. Then together, the three of us ran out of the castle and into Hyrule field.